That Feeling Inside Your Head

L4UR3N

This may be the strangest question that I have ever, and probably will ever ask on here, but here it goes :).

Do you ever feel as though your brain is bobbing up and down, or sloshing around when you are walking?

It may be related to the EDS more than the POTS, but I have a definite sensation of something moving around inside my skull. I also get vertigo with it and a great amount of pressure. I have had 3 MRIs which have not revealed anything abnormal. Is it just me, or do others have this as well??

I do! I always try to explain to my doctor its like really bad constant pressure with this shunting feeling? Its so hard to describe it but it feels like my brain is pulsating or something....I get this movement feeling....soooo strange....I like you have MRI and they are normal...its an awful sensation :(

Bren

I sometimes have a feeling like my brain is moving around inside the skull and my eyes don't line up with their sockets correctly. Kind of like those kids toys that have a ball inside a clear plastic hard ball? Where the outside ball stops rolling but the inside ball keeps moving? I get the odd pressure sensations too but they don't always occur together.

My daughter was asking me recently if I ever had this feeling because she had it. It worries me that she keeps asking me more and more questions about symptoms that she's having that correspond to symptoms I have. Things that I know I've never mentioned to anyone in the family.... Ugh.

Mines a little different. I get a pressure feel - like I have too much fluid in my head and my eyeballs feel like they are going to pop out of my head. I think if I could just squeeze my head and get some fluid out - the pressure would go away and my eyes would quite hurting and I'd feel better.

Issie

• 7 years later...

I get this feeling in my head, not all the time, but especially when I concentrate on something or get excited, it's like I get the feeling of inside my head is sloshing around, a sort of dizzy sensation. I suspect it has something to do with my left inner ear. It's very annoying. I recently was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, Hirohito's disease about 2 months now. I originally complained to my doctor about the feeling in my head. Some other symptoms have I think gotten better. Didn't even realize I had other problems, but my original complaint is still there. Got to get back to the doctor and see what he can do. There are times that I have to watch carefully how I walk, it feels sometimes I'm going to run into something on my left side. It has no effect on my driving

• 1 year later...
On 1/7/2012 at 1:20 PM, L4UR3N said:

This may be the strangest question that I have ever, and probably will ever ask on here, but here it goes :).

Do you ever feel as though your brain is bobbing up and down, or sloshing around when you are walking?

It may be related to the EDS more than the POTS, but I have a definite sensation of something moving around inside my skull. I also get vertigo with it and a great amount of pressure. I have had 3 MRIs which have not revealed anything abnormal. Is it just me, or do others have this as well??

Hi,did you ever get any answers for this?also have you ever suffered any concussions?