Does anyone have poor circulation, and think it's at all related to POTS? I frequently get the pins and needles feelings in my hands and feet, and sometimes experience total numbness, but what happened to me last night was very odd and scary.

So I was helping my boyfriend work on his headlights last night, and we were outside for maybe 20 minutes. We then went to the grocery store and I noticed that my fingers were white, and felt "dead". We got home, and it hadn't changed, so my boyfriend started freaking out. We put my fingers under warm water, and the color slowly came back to my fingers, and the rest of the fingers turned black.

I don't think this was frostbite at all, but it was very weird. The fingers feel fine today.

I definitely have circulation problems in my hands and my feet, and I definitely think it is POTS related (or maybe EDS related?). I was told I have Raynauds, which is the same constellation of symptoms that you are describing. Typically doctors think of Raynauds as "red, white and blue". You need to take very good care of your hands and feet temperature wise--dont expose them to extremes. People have lost fingers and toes to Raynauds--its nothing to mess around with.

Another thing it might be is small fiber neuropathy. You may want to look up both Raynauds and small fiber neuro on the Internet to learn more about each syndrome. I have small fiber neuropathy, and some of your symptoms sound like mine, too. Good luck, and sorry you're having this problem.

Poor circulation is directly related to dysautonomia. When you are stuck in the sympathetic nervous state, your breathing gets shallower to conserve blood flow to the organs. Since not as much warm blood is going to the extremities, the hands and feet get really cold. To warm them back up again, try deep breathing. Relax your shoulders and chest and only move your stomach muscles to breathe. As slow as you can, expand your stomach muscles to inhale and relax them as slowly as you can to exhale. After about 20 minutes or so, your hand and feet should be feeling warmer.

If I stand more than 5 - 7 minutes the first warning sign I have is the tingling in my hands and then I lose all feeling. If I sit down and get my legs up, the circulation returns to my hands. I was also told it was due to my dysautonomia/reynaulds.