Atlanta Get Together

Rachel

I would like to organize a get together in the Atlanta area sometime in the new year. Are any of you Georgia members interested? I was thinking we might be able to meet at a Panera Bread or a Starbucks. Both of those places have couches, which could make it easier for some of us to sit and/or recline if necessary.

I'm hoping to have a meet up sometime toward the end of January or February. If you are interested, please let me know! I would love to meet some of you in person!

Rachel

Rachel, although I live in south Florida I would love to meet up with you and any others who might want to meet. I would have to have some notice for it's a 12 hour drive for us and my husband works on Saturday. He could get off with enough notice and that would give us time to drive it on Saturday and meet up with you on Sunday. I hope this works out we tried awhile ago to get a group together and it never did work out, but I am hoping this will.

Maggie

Wow! That's great that so many of you are interested! I had no idea that people would be willing to travel for this. I just thought I might be able to find 2 or 3 local members. This might be a big group - that's exciting! I'll have to rethink a location as this might get too big for a Starbucks. :)

Please let me know what days of the week and times of day work best for you. Mornings are completely out for me, but afternoons and evenings would work.

Please also let me know what kind of needs you might have that would dictate where we could meet. For example, if you can't be in a noisy place, a place with fluorescent lighting, etc, or if you will need to lie down. I'd like to find a place that will be as comfortable as possible for everyone.

If you aren't comfortable posting your available days/times or your specific needs on the the forum, please send me a PM.

If you do it on a Sunday we can be there any time. We would most likely take off Monday as well to drive home. It doesn't matter what time of day, but afternoon or evening is better for me as well. This sounds like so much fun, please let's make sure we continue to plan. I love Atlanta and I might spend a few days there.

Maggie

I wish I DID live close enough to come and meet all of you, but bah-humbug, Colorado is too far away for me to travel (especially as sick as I am right now). Once I'm a little more stable, I may see if there are many near me who would want to do a gathering. I'd love a local support group! Great you are doing this - - please post when you have had your meeting to say how it went for those of us who might like to replicate this idea elsewhere.

Carol

Potsmama do you have a computer with a camera in it? I have a lap top and it's all set up for skype. If your computer has this feature I will bring mine and then I can skype you the meeting, that way you will be able to participate right from your home. I hope this works for you and others.

Maggie

I would prefer a meeting in the early to late afternoon. I am in bed usually by 6-7 pm. Any day of the week works for me, but I would be in a hotel and would need someone to pick me up and take me back...

potsgirl we would be staying in a hotel as well and we will be driving so we could pick you up, no problem. Maybe we could stay at the same hotel, that might not be the best idea since I would get so exicited I would probably be knocking at your door all night long, since I don't sleep all that well. I know just don't tell me what room you're staying in and I promise I won't ask at the front desk!

Maggie

I checked into some area hotel meeting rooms, but don't think that is an affordable or comfortable option. I know that I could get my church's recreation center, but I am not central in Atlanta (South/Newnan.) If any of us have a better location, it might be a better (quieter) option to use a church's facility. We could turn it into a "POTS-luck party" with each of us bringing a little something.

I'd like to move this discussion to email so that we can make specific plans off of the forum. I am going to send a PM to everyone who has replied to this topic.

If anyone else would like to join us, just send me a PM or reply to this topic and I will include you in our discussions off the forum.

Rachel

Maggie,

You are such a sweetheart to offer to help with my travel needs. I think it would be a lot of fun to stay in the same hotel together. This sounds great!

Rachel, is there a possibility of having this around the weekend of Feb 24th? David gets off the preceding Thursday and Friday and therefore could travel with me. We could make it a mini-vacation, see some sites, and visit more with members in the area or who would also stay longer.

I like your idea of sending this to e-mail. Ready to plan!