Dark Circles Under Eyes

JWPotsMom

When I get a flare up I get really dark circles. Its not really before it happens though its during.

Allergies are a common cause of this. I get this exclusively from dairy. No dairy = no dark circles.

It's interesting how different allergies affect us. Soy milk causes phlegm in my throat immediately whereas soy in a supplement will cause me to cough up phlegm. I've noticed this consistently for

4 years now.

I can't sleep at night if I've come into direct contact with dust. I HAVE to take a hot shower and wash my hair to get it off of me. I just feel like I can't breath .. I got a huge welt on my back when tested for this.

Tc .. D

Allergies, sinus problems, gravity if side/stomach sleeper, rubbing tender skin not delicatly enough when washing and even genetics can also cause the dark circles. I've had them life-long and even asked on multiple occasions (seriously) who hit me. Seems to run on DFs side and being very fair skined does not help. The skin around eyes and mouth is thinnest on the face and thus the vasculature is more visible. (I'd tried Vitamin K and other proclaimed natural remedies but nothing worked shy of just camoflauging them. Looking back since you mentioned it, they do always seem to appear much darker when I'm feeling bad. Don't have bags--just dark circles.

How interesting to see this post. I was literally googling dark circles under eyes yesterday because I saw how awful my eyes looked! (and was having a very bad day- painful period because I have an ovarian cyst, migraine, low bp, etc... didn't even get out of bed all day)

I've never really gotten under eye bags ever before until more recently. And I've been highly symptomatic with POTS for about a year now (may have started before then since I ahd a sinus tachycardia diagnosis a few years earlier) but for sure as my POTS has gotten worse these bags have appeared. And I look like I've been punched in the face!