Yellow Tongue

puppylove

My tongue is yellow. Does this have to do with POTS? I don't have bad dental hygiene and I brush my tongue and everything but it stays yellow. I guess it could be a side effect from one of my medicines... Does anybody know?

My acupuncturist would be all over this one. What you are experiencing is known as "tongue fur." It is "normal" except for the color, which would indicate "heat" in your system. He would have you eat cooling foods to clear the heat...according to Chinese medicine.

According to Western medicine...you simply have bacteria that is causing your tongue to be yellowish and your dentist would recommend you brush your tongue.

My tongue fur was white, there are some nasty/cool pics on the web if you google tongue fur... :P

my tongue does the same if i eat too much refined sugar (but not if the sugar comes from fruits etc), never looked at it but it goes all furry and i get a slightly bad taste always in my mouth.

i'm naturally a very yeasty person though, have always had problems with thrush and seborrhoeic dermatitis. i treat the external thrush with ketoconazole and my mouth thrush has always cleared up on its own as long as i completely avoid refined sugars for a few weeks but i think there's a tablet that can treat it if needed.

have no idea why i'm more prone to thrush than most 'normal' (those without illnesses etc) people, dunno if it's related to my dysautonomia or not but does seem rather odd that me and my friends with dysautonomia and PoTS seem to get it more than 'normal' people do. could just be a coincidence though....

fi