You Know You Have Pots When...(Silly Post)

Clairefmartin

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you have POTS when...

You decide to muster the energy to tag along for a short walk up the street with the dog, only to have your family laugh hysterically because everytime the dog squats, so do you.

You are unfazed by the following...

You're on a big outing (to a drug store of course) looking for support hose, (which means you are actually sitting in the prescription area with your feet up while others look) when your mother and the pharmacist find them several aisles away. Instead of bringing the hose over to you they roar across the store "HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?" You have no choice but to respond because getting up and passing out with a full bladder isnt a better option, so you roar back your weight despite the fact that a small crowd is now gathering. Next reply is "WHAT???" followed by "YOU CAN'T WEIGH THAT MUCH!!"

Your son scrolls through caller ID on the phone to look for a friends phone number and it takes forever to get through all of the calls from doctors, hospitals and clinics.

You know you have POTS when...

You decide to muster the energy to tag along for a short walk up the street with the dog, only to have your family laugh hysterically because everytime the dog squats, so do you.

You are unfazed by the following...

You're on a big outing (to a drug store of course) looking for support hose, (which means you are actually sitting in the prescription area with your feet up while others look) when your mother and the pharmacist find them several aisles away. Instead of bringing the hose over to you they roar across the store "HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH?" You have no choice but to respond because getting up and passing out with a full bladder isnt a better option, so you roar back your weight despite the fact that a small crowd is now gathering. Next reply is "WHAT???" followed by "YOU CAN'T WEIGH THAT MUCH!!"

Your son scrolls through caller ID on the phone to look for a friends phone number and it takes forever to get through all of the calls from doctors, hospitals and clinics.

Ha!Ha! Love the dog one.

Issie

• 3 weeks later...

When you can go into a store, walk out 5 minutes later and have absolutely no idea where your car is located!! (this happened to me yesterday)

When you can get up to go to the bathroom, get dizzy, vision goes dark, lose your balance, keep walking while bouncing off the walls and still make it to the bathroom and you are totally sober - I think I've perfected that one!!

People in their 70's, 80's and 90's are your exercise partners- only they can exercise more than you can.

A small crowd of medical professionals (who've never heard of what you have) gather round your heart monitor readings to marvel over how much it changes every time you move.

You've spent so much time the local hospital/ER you now know... what some of the color codes mean, the best place to get lab work done (because they can usually get blood in less than three sticks), and can give anybody directions to anywhere in the hospital.

You have your doctors email and talk with the office more frequently than some friends and family members.

You argue with the doctors in the hospital about how your medications SHOULD be given.

You have a thirty minute conversation with your surgeon about how you want the surgery done, and when he doesn't understand how he can do it without a certain drug, you are able to name numerous other ways to have the surgery without said drug.. at which time he pauses before saying, "oh yeah, why didn't I think of that!" and agrees to do the surgery with one of the methods you named.

You have more meds in your house than the local pharmacy.

Your friends call you first for medical advice.

You learn how to do pretty much every household chore, lying down or sitting and leaning backwards.

You run out the door being very out of breath and spacy having just stood at the sink and washed the dishes beore your left, and grab your keys, your wallet, your cigarettes(yes, i know, bad me), and your mail on the way out the door...

and when you get to the car you realize what you really have is the mail, the cigarettes, the keys, and the clicker!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here's mine

When you can not wait much longer to get off the couch to go to the bathroom, you hold off just a little longer so you can plan out everything you need to get before returning to the couch only to realize the remote for the tv and that large glass of water is almost laughing at you from the kitchen counter.

You are so tired of pleading with your doctor for some type of compassion or empathy you just want to break up with him but he beats you to the punch and lets you know your just too complicated.

When you feel the need to go where everbody knows your name, you hit up you pharmacy for a quick fix.

You know all the bill collectors number by heart, you answer the phone as mr. Patel and mess with them for entertainment to break the boredom.

Robert,

All your had me rotfl, and after the week we have had here in Boston, I'll tell you this post reminds me how we all need more laughter in our lives... Thanks for bringing this post back up and welcome to the forum..

I have some new ones to add:

You know you have pots when you fall going up the stairs...

You have so many black and blues you could play connect the dots...

When you have to have foam padding in your bathroom on the vanity so when you faint in the night you won't get hurt...

You have note everywhere reminding you to get up slowly!!!

You have your smart phone programmed for alarms to go off to remind you about everything... (((((Brain Fog Alarms)))))

When people ask you if your going for a hike because you wear a backpack all the time and you have to tell them it contains your iv.

When people try to push you in your motorized wheelchair. : ) "

We must laugh all the time, it helps to keep us somewhat sane. lol :)

Love you all ~

Oh so true tachyforover50. Almost nothing gets the tachy going like blue lights in the rear view. I failed the walk the line and eyes closed and touch your nose. I got so lucky he understood I had a balance problem. Think god I didn't have a bad brain fog day while reciting the alphabet. No more texting and driving for me especially since GA made it illegal. Lol

Haha, love 10 and 13. Ramakentesh, your ventilator line is hilarious -- Puppylove, so is your AARP message. Jangle, you rock out those man-hose!

• 2 weeks later...