Anyone Working On Ebay?

Ernie

I've sold a lot of items over the years as my daughter has grown out of things (mainly clothing). Occasionally I've tried selling things that I purchased that I thought I could make $ on on ebay, but it rarely paid off for me. I know there is one DINET member who was selling on ebay (clothing) as her at-home business. I don't think she is on here anymore?

I don't know about making a living doing it? I think it could be an option for extra income if you have access to items people want and are looking for on ebay. eg., estate sales, etc. You do have to be able to get things mailed out in timely fashion, respond to questions, etc. It can be a lot of time on the computer, in my (limited) experience.

Hi Julie,

Thanks for your answer. The company told me that I would have to put in 10 hours a week on my computer. That is reasonable for me. I would not be involved with the shipping, so that is a big relief for me. I am glad that you told me that I have to answer questions because it means that I have to sell articles that I know.

Yes, definitely a seller has to know the items he/she is selling. Would you be selling under a username you generate? Also even if you are not mailing the merchandise, your username is ultimately responsible for the transaction. If the item does not ship promptly, or if something is wrong with the shipment, the buyer will communicate with you, and ultimately if the problem is not resolved will give you negative "feedback" (buyers rate their experience with each purchase, if they wish). Negative feedback makes it harder obviously to sell, and after a certain amount of negative feedback/problems ebay would suspend the user account. I don't know if I would be comfortable selling items I was not able to see myself and also have control over their shipment--I guess it would depend on how well I trust the co/people/person I would be working for.

I only buy off of Ebay, but I do run a (very) small business via a website. I find it works well because it's all via the computer, so I can email folks whenever I'm able to, and since I make all of my own merchandise I am able to give very accurate timelines of when orders will be shipped out. I know there are people who can make a living off of Ebay, but it takes a pretty significant commitment of time and energy. Good luck, Ernie! :)