Dr. Goodman

I saw Dr. Goodman for my diagnoses..... He is a really great guy he's understated and quiet but extremely smart and a great listener. He is very thorough and depending on your other complaints will send you for a full batch of tests. For POTS in general in me he did a qsart,tilt table (neuro not cardiac) catacholomine test, movement studies test, holter moniter, 24 hour bp moniter, and mri, as well as a ton of blood work to rule out everything under the sun and check on your levels. He definitely knows what he's doing and is a great guy and will follow up with you over the phone after your visit and his nurse Janie is great also. Hope this helps

Jen,

I can't answer the tilt table question because I had only had poor man tilts before the Mayo. You will see Dr. Goodman before the testing and can definitely way pros/cons with him and let him no your concerns. I think a place like Mayo would be great for you after reading your other post, they all work as a team and have every speciality right there for you to see.

Jennglynn- In my experience Mayo wanted to repeat all the tests that I'd already had run at another autonomic lab. They did another TTT, but it was "only" the 10 minute one...not like the other 3 I had which were the 45 minute variety. From what I've heard and experienced, Mayo likes to do their own testing most of the time. I will say they were much more specific and "regimented" in their testing as to how they ran the tests than the other autonomic place was I had been.

I'm a Dr. Goodman patient too. He repeated the TTT from the same Mayo from the cardio dept. The cardio test was 45 min. but Dr. Goodman's was only 10 min. He repeated every test I'd had done earlier from another neuro. They do start over. You're right Janie is great and very good to get back to you.