Liver And Angiotensin

Hi fellow members! This is my first post, but I've been following y'all for awhile now. I have been found some research lately on baroreceptors-- the little guys in our veins that control blood pressure. In this I came across angiotensin-- sound familiar? What I found that interested me in relation to this vessel controller is where it comes from. Apparently there is a precursor a.k.a. buildin.g block for this hormone in the liver called angiotensinogen. It makes me wonder if stress on the liver could cause this little bugger to not function properly--or disrupt its formation. Maybe this explains why alcohol drastically exacerbates our symptoms besides its dieuretic and vasodilating effects. What interests me even further is that an infection such as hepatitis can drastically affect your liver function. I read that some people who have hepatitis a or b might not even know they have it. And that it can take awhile to overcome. And here's the real kicker- it comes from feces. I have read about all of the hc workers on here who have this-- I too was a nar. And one thing we are around is feces. I feel like this would also apply to the teachers who might be around kids who don't wash their hands. Anyhow wondering if this might be related maybe not hepatitis but something like it. Anyone on here ever had any liver abnormalities?!

Interesting. I was mistakenly DXed with hepatitis in my early 20's- hospitalized for weeks. I was in severe pain. My liver enzymes were quite high. However, my hep panel repeatedly came back negative for all types of hepatitis. In retrospect, my gallbladder was most likely going wonky. Testing wasn't very good back in the day. Further complicating the diagnostic picture, I was very thin and young- wrong profile. It finally died a painful death few years ago-OUCH- and I had it yanked at last. It was wrapped in many, many layers of adhesions. My surgeon took many pictures- said it should have come out years ago. I, intermittently had high liver enzymes prior to the surgery...

Strangely, many of us potsies have early gallbladder issues that may contribute to high liver enzymes. I think someone posted a study that indicated IBS is linked to early gallbladder disease. Do you have high liver enzymes?

BTW, welcome!!! Nice to have a new inquisitive member :rolleyes:

Julie

I have some kind of benign spot on my liver. It was incorrectly called fatty liver and it's been there for quite some time and no one knows what it is. I also have elevated liver enzymes fairly often. I'm now dependent on Total Parenteral Nutrition (IV nutrition) because of my severe GI dysmotility issues and that can take a toll on the liver. Found out my liver enzymes have been quite out of whack from that but are going back down now. But had elevated liver enzymes before being put on the TPN.

And then, I also suffered from severe malnutrition which really messed up my liver undoubtedly.

So, very interesting. I actually can say for a fact that when I was malnourished I had orthostatic hypotension and now I do not anymore, not even during the tilt table test (and I lasted the entire time without fainting). So there probably is something to that but then again malnutrition obviously had a devastating effect on my entire body so it might not be a liver thing specifically in my case. I can say that things got worse and worse with my POTS as my nutrition got worse.

There are studies in regard to angiotension and the connection to HyperPOTS. I too have liver issues. I have a fatty liver and a lesion on my liver and my P450 pathways don't detox properly. Has to be a connection. The liver lesion they think is connected to hormones. So, that brings in another one of issues. There seems to be an imbalance in them too. If you want to learn more on angiotension and the studies type it into the search and it should pull up allot of threads for you.

Issie