Jump to content

Diabetes Insipidus Questions Please Help


Recommended Posts

I have had many urinary problems and have been very thirsty since my brain injury and POTS diabetes 1 and 2 have been ruled out multiple times and now i am thinking it could be insipidus.... my questions are

1. What kind of doctor would you see to test/evaluate

2. Does it have to be someone with neuro knowledge especially with my brain injury

3. Do any of you east coast people have any dr recs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You should see a Pituitary Endocrinologist, not just an endocrinologist. They will perform blood and urine tests and possibly an MRI, based on those, you may move to a water deprivation test (not fun!) A regular endocrinologist can do the other tests, but the "official" test, water deprivation, is usually done at a university hospital or specialized treatment center. Have you ever had a simultaneous blood and urine osmolality test done?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...