A thank you and a request

MightyMouse

Hey everyone,

First, thanks to all of you for sending me all your wonderfully good thoughts and wishes. It's really helped me stay positive the past few weeks--which have been some of my most challenging in my recent memory.

PT was unusual today. I was only there a few minutes working my triceps when I started to feel a little woozy, and I asked if I could sit to do the exercise...I sat down, but it didn't matter... I passed out and I scared the buhjeebers out of the staff because they couldn't get any bp reading. I still needed to work the rest of today and now I'm running on fumes. Most of you know I'm not usually one to pass out--I usually get enough warning signs. Not today though. I think I need to rest more--I'm going to be trying to rest a little more and post a little less until I'm feeling a bit better.

So, here's the request: Those of you who have some extra energy to spread around to please take extra care of each other and the new folks, as I need to rest a bit for the next few days--Not that you don't do a great job of that already, you do! I guess I'm I'm just "saying it outloud" so I wont worry about anyone here going unanswered.

Thanks! Nina :huh:

Guest tearose

Dear Nina, of course we will look after each other. We need you to be free of our concerns to attend to yourself! What happened today is a bit worrisome. What a rough stretch you are in! I know you will find your way through this next trial. You have the support of friends and family there and here. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!

It is good that the MRI is tomorrow!

You are our fearless leader! We need you to be a good role model now and take care of you!

We'll will be doing our special "streaming of light and love" to you so if you suddenly feel a warmth, it is our hug and if you see beautiful lights...it is our love! :huh:

best wishes, tearose

Guest Julia59

Nina,

By all means please take care of yourself. You have given so much to this group and now it's time you take a little time for yourself. I don't know how you do it with school, work, taking care of your home-----and helping all of us with the mounds and mounds of research you find for us. You are definately one "Mightymouse"!

Listen to your body and do what it tells you to do. You are stronger then I, as I think I would have wimped out. Sit back and smell the roses----OK--Ok--I know there aren't any roses in all that snow, but why not buy a batch--and just rest as much as possible.

We will be fine as long as we know you are OK and taking all the time you need to feel better. REST--REST--REST. And please know how much I appreciate all the nice things you have done for all of us in this POTS family.

Julie :0)

Dear Nina:

I am pretty new to this site, but in the short time I've been here the information you have provided has been invaluable. You are one smart cookie! I hope that you take good care of yourself, and are able to take some time off work for a bit!! (Can't believe you went in to work after that! Tsk! :P ) Hope that your MRI gives a good picture of what is going on. Take care!! Laura!

Thanks you guys-- the MRI wasn't too bad. I was really tired today, and came home after the test and went right to sleep. Physical therapy was hard today, but no passing out because they made me do EVERYTHING laying down. Thanks for being so helpful and so caring...not just for me, but for everyone here. :lol: nina

ps. going back to bed now.

Hi Nina:

Rest, rest, rest....you don't have to take the whole world on your own shoulders!

And by all means...let us take you on our shoulders every once in a while...

hope you can relax and cecoup!

Kristen

I'm still here--I've not been posting, but I've been reading some of the posts each day 'cause, well, I have to! It was nice, though, to take a break from replying and just lurk a bit. I have appreciated all your nice thoughts :o I think I might have a sinus infection which may explain my exhaustion. Will have to call my GP tomorrow.

Got the MRI results today, and Teri printed them for me as well as got me a full set of films. The results conflict with the MRI I had just last month. This one shows a herniation at c6-7, a possible herniation at c7-t1, and narrowing of the right neural foramen for c3-4, c5-6, and narrowing of both sides at c6-7. Spondylosis and spurring at c4-5, c7-t1.

The other one mentioned 3 herniations and nothing about the narrowing of the channels (foramen) where the nerves exit the spine, or the spurs. Not sure what this all means?

Nina

Guest tearose

Gosh Nina, you sound like you need some major spine work. Can they somehow rebuild all the connective stuff to strengthen you?

Hang in there and tell us what the big wigs think.

Then get another opinion...

keep taking care, tearose

Sounds like you got what I got, Nina. My report wasn't much different ... arthritis (spondylosis) and bulging disks -- (the narrowing is part and parcel of all that) and you had said you had reverse curvature too, yes? Glad they're letting you have the PT lying down for now ... that means lots of nice massage and manipulation and manual stretching where the therapist does all the work and you focus on staying relaxed, right? (My personal favorite part...) Don't head into those strengthening exercises too soon--but then, you know that already. (I just came from mine...and it's exhausting.) When do you see the orthopedist for follow up?

One thing at a time--get some meds for that sinus infection and take 'er easy.

Best,

m