New Symptoms, I'm Scared

Angelika_23

No, but I am with Chaos and Alicia in thinking that a nocturnal seizure is a possibility.

I feel nauseous after a seizure and I think it is a common symptom.

It sounds very unpleasant but I would probably wait and see if it happens again before I did anything about it. Sometimes these things are one offs. If not, it is worth going through all the testing.

As you have Chiari and scoliosis have you ever been evaluated for Tethered cord syndrome?!

Tethered spinal cord syndrome is a neurological disorder caused by tissue attachments that limit the movement of the spinal cord within the spinal column. Attachments may occur congenitally at the base of the spinal cord (conus medullaris) or they may develop near the site of an injury to the spinal cord. These attachments cause an abnormal stretching of the spinal cord. The course of the disorder is progressive. In children, symptoms may include lesions, hairy patches, dimples, or fatty tumors on the lower back; foot and spinal deformities; weakness in the legs; low back pain; scoliosis; and incontinence. This type of tethered spinal cord syndrome appears to be the result of improper growth of the neural tube during fetal development, and is closely linked to spina bifida. Tethered spinal cord syndrome may go undiagnosed until adulthood, when pain, sensory and motor problems, and loss of bowel and bladder control emerge. This delayed presentation of symptoms is related to the degree of strain placed on the spinal cord over time and may be exacerbated during sports or pregnancy, or may be due to narrowing of the spinal column (stenosis) with age. Tethering may also develop after spinal cord injury and scar tissue can block the flow of fluids around the spinal cord. Fluid pressure may cause cysts to form in the spinal cord, a condition called syringomyelia. This can lead to additional loss of movement, feeling or the onset of pain or autonomic symptoms.

sounds to me like you had a massive drop in blood pressure. That can cause sweating and nausea. Did you take your BP when you woke up? Metropolol gave me very low BP at night. I would bet it was a side effect from one of your meds...Also, I agree with Brethor9, adrenaline surges can cause me to shake violently in my sleep. I hope you feel better and know how you feel. i wake up sometimes with horrible tachycardia and dizziness. It also makes me scared to go to sleep. Lately i've been getting terrible waves of pressure in my head when trying to fall asleep so even though I want to i can't. I really feel for you.

sounds to me like you had a massive drop in blood pressure. That can cause sweating and nausea. Did you take your BP when you woke up? Metropolol gave me very low BP at night. I would bet it was a side effect from one of your meds...Also, I agree with Brethor9, adrenaline surges can cause me to shake violently in my sleep. I hope you feel better and know how you feel. i wake up sometimes with horrible tachycardia and dizziness. It also makes me scared to go to sleep. Lately i've been getting terrible waves of pressure in my head when trying to fall asleep so even though I want to i can't. I really feel for you.

Interesting thought... I never knew BP could cause something like that...

I only take Metoprolol tartrate, which is short acting, and I take the second dose at 2:30 in the afternoon, so I know it was not the Metoprolol that caused this issue at night.

I hope you start feeling better.

Angelika