New Study On Hyperadrenergic Pots

ramakentesh

Did you read the one that came out recently that told us that they had just demonstrated that the increased tachycardia in POTS is not caused by anxiety? What a breakthrough. I wish I could get funding for studies that demonstrate what has already been demonstrated and accepted by the wider medical community 15 years ago...

Personally as far as research goes I only really read the stuff that comes out of Vandebilt and Stewart/Medows. I am also interested in the work from Japan or China on hydrogen sulfide and POTS. Otherwise I read the CFS research. Much of the POTS stuff is pretty unimpressive and after 15 years of studies and countless volumes of work published on the condition, thus far new treatment protocols have been very limited.

Haha :). There does seem to be a discrepancy between the percent of sufferers in the research and the amount found in this forum! Not sure if this is an error in research, a misdiagnosis, or just the fact that those with Hyperadrenergic POTS are less likely to be helped by "traditional" POTS medications, and therefore more likely to be found searching forums for answers.

I was initially diagnosed by significant increase in BP with the TTT. Only recently have the measured my catecholamines. Still haven't found a medication to help, though I may give Methyldopa a go around. The side effects are pretty hair raising though... :unsure: