Has Anyone Tried Procoralan (Ivabradine)?

RichGotsPots

• 2 weeks later...

I recently tried it, but could only tolerate it for a couple days. It worked well for my primary symptom (tachycardia), but gave me a headache and made me feel depressed :(

I don't think that's a common side effect though.

I got mine through a neurologist and ordered it online, but I know how tedious it is going from doctor to doctor to find one willing to try prescribe non standard meds. I don't think it's getting FDA approved anytime soon, though. I wish I could send you the rest of mine to try to possibly save you the expense!

Hi,

I was prescribed it - i'm in England - and in theory it seems perfect but it gave me worse chest pain.

It was the first medication i tried and i attempted it 4 times but never got past day 4 as the pain was continuous. As my worse symptom is chest pain and that was what i was trying to alleviate it did not work for me.

So depends what your initial symptoms are.

Best of luck

Hi,

I was prescribed it - i'm in England - and in theory it seems perfect but it gave me worse chest pain.

It was the first medication i tried and i attempted it 4 times but never got past day 4 as the pain was continuous. As my worse symptom is chest pain and that was what i was trying to alleviate it did not work for me.

So depends what your initial symptoms are.

Best of luck

What are your top 4 symptoms?

Standing or walking causes chest pain. If feeling quite good and ignore it i can be ill for a while. This happens even when not much tachycardia.

Adrenal rushes - getting more frequent and really unpleasant.

If tachycardia bad standing up will cause causing trembling legs.

Night tremors, restless legs, stiff neck and ring in right ear - but can live with these.

My problem really is chest pain which is why i have been following posts on endothelium dysfunction / microvascular angina etc.

You put a post for a simple endothelium test and i can't find it now - would you repost.

Enjoying reading your posts - it's all really helpful.

Works really well for me. It has halved my resting heart rate with no side effects and I generally feel better and I am able to do more. The effect is dose dependent so it is possible to manage HR down to the desired level. There is a risk of managing it too low so that there isn't a sufficient HR range to cope with normal activities, but overall definitely worth trying if you have high HR and normal/ slightly low BP (it is not recommended if you have very low BP).

• 3 years later...