Need your thoughts and prayers

StaceyYount

Hey,

My dad was taken to the hospital again last night and he is not doing so well. It is about the same as last time but he had a 103 temp and a bad kidney,bladder infection. He is completely out of it and I am not sure what we are going to do. I need your thoughts and prayers for him and if you have any strength left over maybe you could send it to me so I can deal with all this and all the phone calls. I am not complaining but it is tiring.

Thanks,

Stacey

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.

I just got off the phone with my mom and the infection has gone to his blood. They are treating it with antibiotics so hopefully they caught it in time. The thing that makes me the most angry is that he did not have this infection before he went into the hospital the first time, he got it while there. They treated it but then sent him home and his primary care doctor never checked for it again even when he went to see him because of urinary incontince(sp?),so I don't think the urinary tract infection ever went away. I have decided that most doctors save a few have no idea how to do anything but give you a bandaid and they let the nurses do that! <_<

I need your prayers even more now.

Thanks,

Stacey

Guest tearose

This is a terrible thing Stacey, I am sorry this infection put him back into the hospital! I pray that this time they will get the infection to resolve. I hope they can do much more for your Dad to get his quality of life to improve. My thoughts and prayers continue, tearose

Guest Mary from OH

Stacey,

I pray they caught the infection in time too!! Make sure they do cultures so that the antibiotic is specific to the infection. He doesn't have time for them to mess around with having to change antibiotics a bunch of times. I'm sure they put him on a broad spectrum one. But, a specific one would be best

My prayers to you and your family!!!

<_<

My thoughts and prayers are with your dad Stacey. I spent much of the morning praying for my grandmother who just went through quadruple bypass surgery this morning. I believe she will be okay. Now I will focus my prayers on your father and think of him having intelligent, caring doctors and nurses who will give him the right medication quickly so he can make a full recovery. <_<

Guest Julia59

Stacy,

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way. I'm also praying for your Dad to have good compassionate, caring, and capable doctors caring for him so they can get this infection cleared up.

Hang in there---and take care of yourself too. <_<

Julie :0)

Hi Stacey,

I'll be praying for healing for your dad and God's peace for both of you. I hope he is feeling better soon! <_<

God bless,

Caitlin

Guest tearose

Hi Stacey.

I have been hoping that your dad showed some improvement since being hospitalized...

I continue to send you and your family wishes for strength and healing.

with prayers, tearose

You guys are truly truly the greatest. You can't know how much it has helped me to know that you are out there. Since I am still the main one everyone calls to help them deal with this it is so wonderful to know that I have you guys to help me. So I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

The update is that the hospital did not give him his Parkinsons meds until 6:30 last night . He had not had it for over 24 hours. Arghhh! He was really confused this morning which threw my Mom but when the doctor came in he said that it was becuase of the infection and it would get better.

They have figured out which bacteria it is so later today the will start him on the particular antibiotic he needs. The hospital doc said that had to wait for the blood doc to order it. Though they know which one to give him. Weird but I really don't understand hospitals and their policies at all. We are still not sure how long he will be in there and whether they will send him to rehab before coming home. Mom is exhausted but she has been so great! Poor Dad this has been awful for him. But hopefully he is on the way to recovery.

I Thank you again,

Stacey :-)

Guest Mary from OH

Stacey-

I'm so glad that they discovered the bacteria that was causing the trouble!! Now, they can treat theings properly. I'm sorry that your father has had to deal with the "politics" of hospitals. It drives me NUTS!!! All the polititcs drives me nuts. I just have no patience for any of it! I hope he gets all his meds on time for the remainder of his stay and that his correct antibiotic arrives soon. My advice, keep bugging the head RN!! You'll be amazed how quickly things get done. Also, ask to have the dr paged.

Good luck, I will continue to keep him in our prayers as well as you and your mom!! Don't forget to take care of yourself so you don't crash too!!

Stacey,

This same exact situation happened to my dad several times during the course of his illnesses -- he had a kidney transplant due to diabetes/hypertension and several years later had repeated UTIs that caused him to become delusional, unresponsive and such because he had sepsis (infection had traveled to his blood). The docs would culture the blood/urine until they could find the bacteria and put him on a strong cocktail of IV antibiotics. He always responded well. He died a couple years ago, but from unrelated issues (sudden cardiac death).

I hope your dad's getting better and that you find the strength to help him through this.

Amy

Unbelievably they are transferring him to a rehabilitation center today. He just started on the antibiotic yesterday. He is still very confused adn out of it and the infection has not cleared up at all. My mom is losing it and my sweet sweet husbnad is going down there to see what he can do to help. He is going to make sure everything is being done right at the rehab center. I am so mad. Dad is not ready for a rehab center but the hospital needs the bed. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My family is all losing it and my sister well I won't go into that now or my computer might explode from the steam coming out of my ears. hahahaha

Anyway I hope this is a good place adn I will feel better when Jim is down there I am just sorry that he has to go.

Sorry but looks like I need your thoughts a little longer.

I thank you again for all you have said so far!

Stacey :P:(B):(:P:P:):(:huh::(:angry: ( I think putting those in is making me feel better!) :-)

Guest tearose

Hi Stacey, Hope the transfer went well and that your dad is finally responding to antibiotics. We hope you aren't getting run down. Can you rest over the weekend a bit and let someone take over for you?

warm wishes, tearose

Heeeeelp I'm drowning!!! I'm falling into the pit!

Sorry but it just been unbelievable. He is in the rehabilitation home and my wonderful husband went down there and checked it out and it seems ok. Not great but ok. My Mom has taken the day off and my sister is on call and can't go down there. So hopefully everything will be fine. I am exhausted and trying so hard not to vent to my family because to be honest that would take more energy than I have. I am going to take tonight off and see were we are tomorrow .

Sorry but argh!!!!!! I don't have the energy to deal with this! Plus my gran came to stay with me and help me watch my niece while my sister was at a meeting but it mostly me. Don't get me wrong that precious girls hugs gave me more happiness than anything but she is 3! But we spent a lot of time siting on the bed watching Sleeping Beauty the ballet for the zillonth time! I am corrupting a new generation . HAHAHA Ok I am losing it. I am going to go crash and wait for my sweet husband and tonight the phone is not on unless they leave me an emergency message. At least I hope I can do that.

Thank you for letting me vent about this it is not really a topic about POTS so thanks.

Hope you are having a good day and that you get an extra hug!

Stacey :lol: