introducing ourselves...

persephone

Great idea!

1) Name: Screen - "JLB"; real first name, "Jen".

2) Favourite book: Wow. Toughie... Bold Love, by Dan Allender...?

3) Favourite film: Ransom. I think. It's a Wonderful Life is right up there. As is Titanic.

4) Things that make you happy: My kids, my animals, shopping, NH scenery.

5) Something about you that no one here knows: I'm a born-again Christian who likes WWE Wrestling. :)

Hey Pam,

Another Moonstruck fan! My husband and I have watched it so much we can quote,Just for fun lets test your moonstruck knowledge...(brain fog taken into consideration)

1. What is Lorettas last name?

2. You got those bad eyes like a ......

Sorry my brain fog is kicking in and I can't think of another question.

Colin Firth is mine everyone back off!!! :(:(:(:wacko::lol:

Stacey :-)

And Blackwolf my Dad and I have read nearly every Piers Anthony! This is the first time I have ever seen anyone else who like those books.

:o

And you crochet too! cooool!

Name is Pj...or Penny

Fav.book.."Wow" I read alot of Stephen King and my monthly Cosmo.

Film:Somethings Gotta Give,Witches of Eastwick and all time fav. is Terms of Endearment..notice a trend here?

Food or foods..Crab legs..ALL YOU CAN EAT.. salad and cherry pie...YUMMY!

Life makes me happy...I can't say that anything makes me happier than the time I have to spend with my children and my family, Second would be ..a bubble bath, My best friend and her totally unselfish way of making me feel normal (even when I'm not)..Making new friends :rolleyes:

Don't ever tell:Ok..My husband made me real mad and I just wanted to scream...I was plotting and couldn't think of anything ...then suddenly I had this great idea...It was his night to clean the kitchen after dinner..So while the kids were bringing their plates to the sink I went over to assist them..While I was there I put a rubber band around the sprayer thing on the sink and pointed it directly in the path where he'd be standing...Needless to say.. He was quite peeved and slightly soaked before he realized what was going on...He went to grab it to stop the flow...instead of just turning the water off..duh..I laughed for days but never confessed..It was great!!!

By the way.. The kitchen floor needed to be mopped anyway. Tee Hee.. :wacko:

Hi, Stacey!

1) That would be Loretta Cassarini.

2) "You got those bad eyes like a gypsy. I should have seen it yesterday!"

Here are two for you:

3) "Bad luck! Is that all I'm ever going to have? I should have taken a _____" (complete the sentence).

4) What does Loretta say when one of her accounting customers gives her a rose?

This is really amusing. I can't believe I have these lines memorized! I can never remember lines from a movie. It just goes to show how exceptional "Moonstruck" is. . .

Warmly,

Pam

Hi, Stacey!

1)  That would be Loretta Cassarini.

2)  "You got those bad eyes like a gypsy.  I should have seen it yesterday!"

Here are two for you:

3)  "Bad luck!  Is that all I'm ever going to have?  I should have taken a _____" (complete the sentence).

4)  What does Loretta say when one of her accounting customers gives her a rose?

This is really amusing.  I can't believe I have these lines memorized!  I can never remember lines from a movie.  It just goes to show how exceptional "Moonstruck" is. . .

Warmly,

Pam

Hey!

When I read your response I cracked up!! And then I told my husband and he cracked up and could answer word for word too! Can you tell we have watched a few times????

Sorry Castirini is her maiden name her married name was Clark :-) (But I didn't know that until a couple of watchings ago) :-)

3. A rock and killed myself years ago...(scary I can hear her say it in my head!)

4.What you talkin I love flowers. Thanks Carmine...

I could go on and tell you that whole scene. Maybe I have watched it toooo many times :-)

:rolleyes::wacko: Love Nicholas Cage!!!!

Ok

The bonus question:

What is the name of the restuarant were Johnnny proposes?

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Stacey :-) :wacko::wacko:

:rolleyes: My name is Miriam

2. My favorite book istuesdays with morrie, and "prayers from around the world"

3. Favotite movie the big chill------also chocolat

4. favorite things to do play with my 2 grandsons almost4 and 9 mos., MY most favorite spiritual thing was going to the beach--now I can only go where there is a breeze. , learning to knit. Used to quilt. Work as a chaplain at a trauma hospital and have thurs nite stitch and itch. Miss that. I am an ordained minister who spent 10 years as athletic directtor at a large Wi. healthclub, teaching4 classes a day.

5. I too am left handed. I have been married for 30 years. Have pots since my daughter was born in 1978. Diagnosed 2004!!!!!! Something no one here knows--I have questioned my faith it won--but never my calling. I think it made me able to deal with this with faith. And YOU ALL are part of that faith, that I-we will choose thew right docs, know when to ask when to sleep or rest and when to rise up and say NOOOO.

Sorry Castirini is her maiden name her married name was Clark :-) (But I didn't know that until a couple of watchings ago) :-)

3. A rock and killed myself years ago...(scary I can hear her say it in my head!)

4.What you talkin I love flowers. Thanks Carmine...

I just love how prosaic Loretta is--contrast the visual image with what she says; she looks like a highly romantic character as she cradles the rose near her face. . . and out of her mouth, the understated. "Thanks, Carmine." How resistant to being swept up by love. . .until it's too late! Smile.

I could go on and tell you that whole scene. Maybe I have watched it toooo many times :-)

:rolleyes::wacko: Love Nicholas Cage!!!!

Me, too.

Oh, wow! Thanks for the tip. I forgot about the married name!

Ok

The bonus question:

5) What is the name of the restuarant were Johnnny proposes?

The Grand Ticino.

Ta-da!

And now my bonus round, consisting of two questions:

6) How does Loretta answer the old woman who put a curse on Johnny's plane?

7a.) Name the famous psyhcologist whose concepts are frequently alluded to in the movie,

7b.) Or, (alternate question) name three possible symbolic meanings of the full moon in this movie.

i got 6-i don't believe in curses, old lady replys, i dont either, Loretta chews her lips then shakes her head as if saying no way.

can't  remember 7

blackwolf

That's okay, blackwolf, it was a bonus question! :lol:

You were spot on #6!

The psychologist (whose name is never mentioned, but whose "archetypes" repeat throughout the movie) is Carl Jung.

I'll leave 7b so anyone can put up answers. There are no wrong answers; you can interpret symbols however you like.

Thanks for chiming in!

Warmly,

Pam

Hey Blackwolf I wondered when you would chime in! It is too funny that you remember that look too becuase Jim and I always crack up at that.

Apologies to everyone for the off subject this is just to funny! :lol:

As Pop says..The Moon brings the woman to the man... am I on the right track here??

It is interesting the man who wrote this also wrote Joe vs. the Volcano (moon big theme adn naother favorite movie of mine) and a play Jim and I saw years ago that we loved called Italian American reconciliation. Funny but it was not until a few years ago when I found that program and realized it was him.

Ok sorry rambling. Jim could not remember the Grand Ticino

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Wish we all lived close enough to have a Moonstruck party! :-)

Stacey :-)