Flu Shot While Taking Florinef? Nerve Damage?

IDreamInColor

My son has done it with his doctor's approval (from Johns Hopkins) and had NO problem. The key, he was told, is HOW you normally react to a flu shot. IF you had a bad reaction to it in the past- don't do it. If you haven't experienced a problem in the past- go for it. We have NEVER been told that it interacts with florinef in any way.

Hi Katy-

Dr. Peter Rowe is officially a ped, but he's offered to keep Mack as a patient until 25 y/o. Unfortunately, he's not taking new patients :( I don't know of an adult ANS doc at Hopkins. Does anyone else?

Sorry-

Julie

I've always been told to get it. My dr told me sometimes you can have a small reaction because your body is creating antibodies (or something like that) but don't be alarmed it goes away in a few days. This year it wasn't bad for me, I had a little flushing and wooziness the first day but and all it was fine

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any further information on this? I recently got a flu shot and although afterwards I read on Florinef's FDA page not to get vaccines as neurological complications could result. What kind of neurological complications can result and is this relevant to the flu shot vaccine?