Anti-Anxiety Drug Question

songcanary

Hi all,

Today we drove about 1 1/2 hrs to visit some wonderful relatives. I have been wanting to see them for so long. But I had so much anxiety about going, and plus we went to a restaurant with them and I could barely eat part of a baked potato and a little salad. I actually felt a little nauseous right after eating just THAT. I was hungry but with my food allergies I was afraid to eat anything else anyway. They know I've been ill and completely understood, but I am wondering if I need something for this anxiety. I come from a long line of nervous people and have been fighting taking meds for it.

I was wondering if I should ask my doctor about this. Does anybody else have these feelings of anxiety at being away from home, and have any certain drugs helped with that? I don't want to live the rest of my life neglecting my friends and relatives, I love them all and miss them. I tried Cymbalta a while back (for fibro) but had nausea so bad I stopped it after four days.

I know exactly how you feel! I still struggle with being comfortable outside my house, but I have slowly worked my way up to 20 mg Lexapro ( a big feat for me) and it's helped me from not being able to leave my house, to getting things done and seeing people when I'd like, but it is not a miracle drug and I still have to work on my anxiety seperately. While getting on Lexapro, since it takes a few weeks to kick in my doctor perscribed me Xanax so I could get out of my house, I wasn't crazy about it and just took a very low dose.

I would talk to your doctor, I think the Lexapro helps with my POTS a little too.

Good Luck!

Thank you both so much :rolleyes:. It really helps to hear others' experiences. I am really freaked out about this because I had been doing pretty well. So here come the ups and downs again I guess. Tomorrow I have a QSART and heart rate variability test at CC so I will tell the nurse about the anxiety and maybe the doctor can suggest something. I am trying to keep the med list short but what are ya gonna do??