Is This A Normal Heart Rate?

potsyturvy

I'm a 22 year old female, who isn't very active thanks to POTS. I'm currently taking Zebeta (Bisoprolol). I have been on the same dose for about a year now. My heart rates usually run in the 70's to 80's on the beta blocker. Right now I'm on my period (sorry for the info, but thought it might be helpful to know), and my resting heart rate has been running in the low 60's. I know this isn't technically bradycardia, but it seems low for me. I have felt really lousy the last couple of days: dizziness, light headed, extreme fatigue, weakness, etc. and was wondering if it could be due to the lower heart rate or if it is just due to my period. Before I started the beta blocker, my resting hr was 100+ so I'm not really sure what a good hr is for me.

I wouldn't be concerned with the heart rate at all, that is a normal resting heart rate. But with you not feeling very well, I would look into if the beta blocker is dropping your blood pressure too low, as that can make you feel like this. But I wonder if it is also due to your period. Maybe your blood pressure is lower during your period and with the beta blocker it is just a little too low for you. If i were you I would have my BP checked and if that is too low, talk with you doctor about taking a smaller does during your period?.. just some thoughts

The HR is pretty close to ideal. But how is your blood pressure? If that is low, and BB's can really lower it, it can make you feel very, very fatigued. And can cause some pretty serious problems. In any case, if you are feeling different from what is "normal" for YOU, don't hesitate to get checked out.

Sandy

My resting HR is usually in the 60's and can drop to the late 40's during my Period, I always get soooo bad during that time of the month!!