Chest pain

Ling

I am not a very happy person today. Last night I had my usual chest pains. I was so painful I just sat on my chair dead still and try not to even breath. It’s like having an elephant sit on your chest. The pain is intense and I hate it. I tell you I don’t know how we live in these bodies some days. I am irritated and frustrated with my body. I am going home to sleep. Sleep is the only thing that works for me. Poor Jasmine wont leave me alone this morning. It is amazing how she knows when I am very sick. She insisted on sleeping in my arms when I lay down for a few minutes before work this morning. I just hate all of this really. The worst is the pain is normal and there is no Help for the pain. The pain is so scary and I don’t even bother talking to a doctor about it. I can hear them..... "Its normal, don’t worry" It makes me sick already!

Anyway my attitude stinks. Please just tell me you all have such horrible chest pains. ;)

Ling--so sorry for your discomfort. It sounds severe. Have you had this before? I get chest pain, but it never lasts long. Just a thought--I did once have pleurisy. This is inflammation of the lining of the lungs. It is very painful and hurts with every breath. Have you gotten over a cold recently? Pleurisy can follow a respiratory infection.

I know it is so hard to know when to consult with a doctor about our symptoms. But, if you have any doubts about what might be wrong, I would contact your doctor.

Hope you are feeling better.

Katherine

Guest tearose

Ling,

I understand how hard this can be. I too have had chest pains and have been told "these are not dangerous". When they really bother me I do find ways to get a smidge of relief. Can you do anything to take the edge off the pain? Breathing exercises, massage or even a dose of Tylenol can take that edge off for me, usually.

I know you do not want to hear this but before I go on...

If ever they feel dangerous or different you really must call the doctor!

Are these maybe secondary to some new activity? For example, I just had some new chest tightness two days ago, but I also just got my body up onto the treadmill for a slow walk about five days ago. After I began to worry that my heart was the problem I realized that I'v been holding on to the sides of the treadmill with my arms...so since I know I have a funky body I decided to wait it out and see what developed. I am not feeling that pain anymore.

I would think that if you don't feel any better in a reasonable amount of time, it is important to call the doctor. You deserve the peace of mind! We want you to feel better. Jasmine wants you to feel better too! ;)

take care, tearose

I don't know exactly what kind of pain you are experiencing, but costal chondritis can become very painful, although not dangerous. It's an inflammation of the cartilage of the ribs, and can make breathing and upper-body movement quite painful.

I remember my first (and worst) case of it making it nearly impossible to turn a doorknob without screaming in pain, yet other movements I thought should have been a problem were not. Just plain aspirin worked quite well to lessen the pain until the inflammation finally went away. I have episodes of it from time to time, but none as bad as the first.

I know it probably wont be an easy thing for you to do, but if this bout of pain doesn't go away soon, you really should be seen by your doctor.

Nina

Your attitude does not stink, chest pain is very real and aggravating. I agree that if this pain continues you may want to see a doctor. I have gone to the ER with horrible chest pain before and after the proper tests etc. the doctors usually tell me everything is fine. Sometimes that is the peace of mind I need when I feel so bad and scared. I have taken asprin when it starts and sometimes I get relief from that.

I have twin 5 year old boys who are used to the drill when I feel dizzy or get the chest pains. It is hard when you want to take care of your kids and you are not feeling up to it. I put the boys in bed with me and let them pick out a movie and we lay together until the feeling passes.

Hang in there and know you are not alone.

Again, your not silly, your attitude towards your problems is perfectly normal. I have chest pains that can last a long time, but i wake up and there gone. When i have the pains i am the most awkward person to be around, i'll tell people to "shut up", or ignore people or i can often become aggessive because i think people are around me are talking a load of crap and should be focusing on me, but i soon realise that im being silly and take a nap.

I am not a very happy person today. Last night I had my usual chest pains. I was so painful I just sat on my chair dead still and try not to even breath. It?s like having an elephant sit on your chest. The pain is intense and I hate it. I tell you I don?t know how we live in these bodies some days. I am irritated and frustrated with my body. I am going home to sleep. Sleep is the only thing that works for me. Poor Jasmine wont leave me alone this morning. It is amazing how she knows when I am very sick. She insisted on sleeping in my arms when I lay down for a few minutes before work this morning. I just hate all of this really. The worst is the pain is normal and there is no Help for the pain. The pain is so scary and I don?t even bother talking to a doctor about it. I can hear them..... "Its normal, don?t worry" It makes me sick already!

Anyway my attitude stinks. Please just tell me you all have such horrible chest pains. :)

I`ve experienced this horrible chest pain daily for over 4 years now..you are correct its very scary and I would have been in the ER every day if I hadnt discovered that I could relieve it by lying prone(face down). I have no explanation for this but works for me! Unfortunately it returns the moment I sit up or turn over...and no meds ever helped. Its one of the POTS symptoms that I really feel is not understood even by the best of researchers.One day we may get an answer but until then remember you are not alone and that it wont kill us......

Margaret