Bad Spell

Allene

So, I woke up yesterday and my legs were in a lot of pain. I got up and nearly fell down because the muscles in my legs refused to function right. My sense of balance is shot. I can't walk straight. I literally look like I'm drunk when I walk now.

I've had this before, in January. It lasted a couple weeks then progressed until I needed a wheelchair because I literally could not walk more than a few steps without falling down.

I'm really worried and depressed that this has struck so fast, when in the past things tend to go slow. I was feeling better than ever until the day before yesterday when my symptoms started flaring up again. I'd been going for walks every day, I'd even gotten a job. I'd been feeling great. Normal, even. Then suddenly, I started shaking, started drooling (it's gross), I could feel my blood pressure drop, and now this. I went for a walk yesterday and felt like I couldn't breathe.

I have an appointment with a new doctor on Friday. I'm really hoping that something can be done.

It sounds like you might be pushing yourself a little too much when you are feeling better. This has happened to me many times. I had to learn how to prioritize my activities and really learn where my limits are.

In my case, I was such an overachiever that learning to pace myself was really hard. But I did it and now I am so much better. Maybe just give yourself some down time and then take a critical look at your activities. If you need to keep the job, then do so. But lessen your other stuff so that you give your body time to rest. It needs more than we think, especially when we overdo!

I'm not sure what advice to give but my heart goes out to you,

I'm really having a rough day today and feeling like I've just really had it so I can relate to your pain and frustration.

I can walk but my chest just hurts I don't know what the reason is but it's a horrible feeling.

Knowing I have obligations just makes it 10 times worse.

Hang in there let's hope we have better days ahead.

Relapses are pretty typical with dysautonomia. The fact that you have had good function for awhile is a great sign.

I also have relapses that can come out of the blue and feel very scary. I had a severe one a year ago. Each time I wonder if I will come out of it. So far each time I do. Usually they last about a week for me.

I hope you feel better soon and you can get help from this new doctor.