Ever roll over in bed

Timbo

Yes, it happens to me and it is something I do not concern myself with. I just chalk it up to the fact that my autonomic nervous system is below average is responding to normal stimuli. Of all my symptoms, this one is low on my list of those that impact my life.

When i first became ill and was bedridden for 4 months, my HR would jump from 110 bpm to over 160 bpm just from reaching for a glass of water or rolling over. I was on a BB for a couple of years and stopped last June. My HR is still elevated when I stand and walk, though I don't feel the big increase when moving around while sitting or laying down anymore. Hope yours improves as well. Best,

-dan

wow! it looks like just about everyone gets this. in the morning when i wake up my heart is a bit tachy around 110. if i roll over or stretch my arms and legs my heart jumps up 20-30 bpm. it generally goes away after i become fully awake.

when i was in the hospital with pots before they new what i was and i wasn't even on meds yet. i had the same problems as JacobyD. if i reached for my water or moved around slightly my heart rate would jump 40-50 beats a minute.

so hang in there your not alone.

• 15 years later...

This happened to me when I rolled over too fast before I was diagnosed and on meds.  Other rapid motions would cause tachy, too, such as pulling off a pullover over my head in one fast move.  Then it would calm down after a short while.

On 1/7/2004 at 3:45 AM, Timbo said:

Sometimes when I roll over in bed at night my heart will speed up for 20-30 seconds and then calm down. It's not a symptom that really bothers me, but I am curious if any of you experience this.

I get this like every freaking day. Good to know I'm not alone in that. 

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, dysautonomiaandmore said:

@Derek1987 I have this everyday too. I did a Google search of this leading me to this thread.  Would you mind  sending me an email if I can share my email with you?  I never met anyone else that this happened  to. I notice the rest of the thread is from 2004 and many of  the users are no longer active.

Private message me and we can talk further. Ever since ive been on the beta blocker called coreg, i no longer experience this 99 percent of the time. This problem has now been solved for me. 

• 1 month later...

I get this too and it wakes me up. For like 10 seconds my heart will pound! And then it slows down but still pounding. I’ve never been diagnosed with anything, but my symptoms always lead to some sort of dysfunction of my ans when I google. I can’t stand up without my heart rate slowing down and causing a throbbing pain in my neck. My stomach gets a nervous feeling as well.