Macrobid Antibiotic & Pots - Anyone Use It? Peripheral Neuropathy Warning.

iheartcats

I unfortunately have a UTI. I didn't notice at first...but it's worsened and uncomfortable now and I need to take an antibiotic so they gave me Macrobid this afternoon as Cipro gave me a rash once.

I had the Pharmacist run my meds and nothing conflicts, but it does have a warning it can cause/worsen Peripheral Neuropathy. I don't really have tingling (well, sometimes I wake up with tingles) but nothing constant with POTS so they think it should be OK and let them know if something worsens.

I have to treat the UTI before it gets worse...but I hate taking new meds. It's every 12 hours so I think I'll start it at 8am instead of 8pm tonight in case I have an issue/reaction (no one is easily contacted in the middle of the night compared to the day!). I don't think 12 hours will make or break me at this point.

Am I being overly cautious? I know the Dr. won't know if I start it today or tomorrow if nothing happens, but this makes me so nervous to take at night I'd feel much better doing it in the AM.

Since I'm in pain from the UTI, I took the antibiotic. I seem OK.

I'm embarrassed because I think I had a mild panic attack (anxiety, shortness of breath, anxious, etc.) but was OK after just relaxing for 20 minutes. I feel like I am the only person in the world who gets so anxious about medication. :(