My Son's Visit With Dr Julian Stewart

Ernie

Hi my friends,

We are just back from seeing Dr Julian Stewart at the New York Medical College for a week of autonomic testing with my son.

We are more than satisfied with that Stewart and his team. We got the diagnosis written black on white, school recommendation, treatment plan and much more.

It was really worth the money, the time and the energy to go and see him.

This week we are meeting with the school director and nurse to organize my son's accomodation (now that we have the documents that prove he has POTS).

Dr Stewart is very kind and knowledgeable.

Thanks for your support

:D :D :D :D :D

I KNOW how you've struggled with this. Congratulations, Ernie!!! It is heart wrenching to see our kids sick, but even harder to see them NOT get the treatment (medical/educational/social) they so desperately need. Unfortunately, a proper DX is an essential first step.

Hugs-

Julie

Yes, Yes, YES! Finally! So glad you can now get on with the business of helping your son feel better. Will Dr. Stewart and his team be available to you for continuing treatment? After what you have been through I suspect your other Drs. will still be resistant no matter the reputation of any Dr. They are just to full of themselves. I hope they will be available to you.

Hi,

Dr Stewart offered a follow up treatment to my son because we can't find any pediatrician in Montreal. His hypothesis is that our form of POTS is inflammatory because when he gave an antiinflammatory to my son his body behave better. He prescribed an antiinflammatory, nadol, procrit, compression hoses and cymbalta. We have to try each treatment one at a time so that we can see if it is working. He already gave the script for the BB.

So now we have to find a doctor that is willing to work with him and prescribed the medication that Dr Stewart suggested.

I will be seeing a new PCP for the whole family so maybe he will be willing.

thanks ernie! after starting octreotide last year i'm doing much better. not well enough to start working but able to go out by myself most of the time and enjoy life. i even started photography lessons lately! hope your son will be doing much better now that he's on a treatment plan!

take care,

corina :)

Good news indeed! I was just explaining to some friends last night how fortunate I was that I got diagnoses with my initial diagnosis of POTS in about a year, that it was actually record speed. They were shocked when I explained how many people suffer for decades with resistant doctors, poor care, and misdiagnoses. I know so well the sense of relief when finally it all adds up, and you have a treatment plan and HOPE! I can only imagine it would be even greater for your child. Congrats!

Sandy

• 3 weeks later...