Iv Saline

potsyturvy

My doctor gave me a prescription for IV saline to use "as needed". I have had some saline from shots before and it made me feel great for a few days until I had blood drawn and then I felt lousy again. I am curious what you who have used/are using IV saline think is good/bad about it. so, what are the pro's and con's of IV saline?

blood draws make me weak for a few days too. I've never gotten an answer for this other than to salt load and drink water. Do they not understand that blood isn't just salt water .. Lol

Good luck with these. It's interesting that some of us feel better with saline. Saline iv's have never helped my oi. I wonder if it's because I have a left bundle branch block. . D

I don't know that I would function at all without IV saline. I get a liter 3-7 days a week. My orthostatic hypotension is completely out of control, even with taking 10mg of midodrine 3x a day. I really don't think I could function at all without it. I have a port/cath, which makes things really easy. But when you have IV therapy, you have increased risk of infection, so keep that in mind.

Sandy