Clonidine?

Maiysa

I'm sensitive to all medications-they make me have black out episodes that are dangerous since they can last for a long period of time. Anyhow, I'm new on here and wanted to ask if anyone else had a reaction to Clonidine. I didn't do so well with it. I slept for a few days the first dose and then the second dose started sweating profusely....and I don't sweat and the next day had flushing and a bit of panic and got very sick. Of course they told me not to take it anymore, not sure what options we have left since I have autoimmune autonomic neuropathy with lots of other diagnosis. Did anyone else have reactions to Clonidine? Thank you for your time.

Hi newbie, Welcome Aboard to our wonder land of support here ~ Brain Fog was my biggest problem so tiny, tiny, tiny, and I mean really mean tiny chips of the med were started on me after a regular does made me so forgetful. I would suggest going slow on any new me if you are sensitive to meds in general. My other thought is could it be that your Dysautonomia had progressed to the sweating point that most of us live with? Are you on any other meds that you take at the same time? Sometime the interaction of meds after taken you will have a heat feeling come over you and not knowing this, I would assume it would cause a panicky feeling. Just some thoughts, but when in doubt, I always check it out ~

I'm glad you found us and if I can be of any help to you feel free to send me a message.

Hugs ~

BellaMia ~

Clonidine did the hot flash, sweating thing to me too. It was horrible. It took over two weeks for my body to level out after I got off it. I had thought it was going to be the miracle drug - as it worked well the first week - then things started going bad for me. You've not lost your mind - the clonidine can give you horrible hot flashes.

Thank you Issie and Bella Mia for your replies and the welcome. Although, I'm so sorry the Clonidine didn't work for you, I was hoping too it would be fix too. At least I know I'm not the only person that reacted. I was told to take half a pill of Clnidine, .05 and I took a small sliver off of the half pill. It's incredible how much I reacted. I also have to take iron due to the anemia and I took a supplement this morning and it's doing the same thing. I'm sweating! Which is weird because the QSart said I didn't sweat. I don't understand it. But I know the Floridix iron has B12 in it and it usually brings on the same reaction-I don't usually take it and this is why, but I'm really anemic lately. If I could find a snow bank right now I would be better. So sweaty. I also take levothyroxine for thyroid cancer that I had a few years ago and have to keep hyperthyroid to keep the schmanser at bay. The doctor told me that hyperthyroidism doesn't help dysautonomia at all. So I'm in a pickle to say the least.

You do know about okra, black strap molasses and cream of wheat cereal for low iron levels? One of the best remedies and it won't make you so nauseous. High in iron.

I also tend to have closer to hyperthyroid levels too. Not to the point of killing my thyroid but it is more on that level too. I've had thyroid biopsy's because of rather large nodules/tumors. So far, they haven't picked up cancer - but there was quite the scare. Has to be a connection.

Try the foods and see if your iron comes up and maybe it will work well for you. Do they know why your iron levels are low. Do you have low B12 or folic acid levels? Eat as much okra as you can tolerate - it is the best of the three - but all are good.