Hi Everyone..Havent been on in a while

carlacat

I've been catching up on everything and wow did you all hit it right on the head about feeling worse in the AM and better at night and also about before periods. I'm gonna try some of the things everyone is suggesting cause I hate feeling like I have a hangover everyday.

Also I have been having this hot burning sensation in my right shoulder.it may be one of my other illness but it fells like its on fire.

Carlacat

Hi!

I've heard other patients complain of "burning sensations" too. I'm not sure if it part of dysautonomia or not. If it truly "feels like it is on fire" you should probably see a doctor ASAP to rule out anything serious.

Let us know how things turn out!

Michelle

Hey there, welcome back--good to know you're hanging in there.

Some people who have peripheral neuropathy report having burning sensations. Also, it can be a sign of a nerve inflamation or compression. Lastly, it can be a symptom of other disorders. If it doesn't go away, see your doctor...

I realize I say the above "see your doctor" thing lots, but I know how it is with us folks--I have all sorts of transient symptoms which my spouse and I just all "my wierd stuff". It usually goes away in a day or two; if not, I got to the doctor (just like I tell other folks to do!).

Nina :)

I second what Nina said. I probably sound like a broken record with the "see your doctor thing", but I only say it because I learned the hard way. A few years back my periods were pretty screwed up...I would maybe have a period once every 6 weeks...and I just chalked it all up to POTS. This went on for about a year or so. When I finally did go for a pap smear -which I didn't do regularly- they found I had an ovarian tumor. It was the size of an orange and -luckily- turned out to be benign. Had it been cancer it may have already spread.

Not trying to scare you (or anyone else)...but I think it is important to seek out a professional opinion when we have a new symptom or when something is exacerbated or just doesn't seem right. If nothing else, it will (hopefully) give us peace of mind.

Take care,

Michelle

I have found a way around the fatigue. I get up, eat and get on my exercise bike for 50 minutes. If I do it early enough I find I can get through the day with little or no trouble. If I can't get on the bike within the first hour or two of my day, then the fatigue sets in and I will spend the majority of the day feeling lousy, then at night I feel OK.

I don't know why the physical activity prevents the fatigue, but it works almost all of the time.