Our Demographics

HopeSprings

Our Demographics  

139 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just curious to see if there are certain trends. Please answer for yourself or the person with dysautonomia, if you are answering for a friend or relative. I wish I had room to do one for gender - we seem to be mostly women, but I've noticed a lot of teenage boys and several men with dysautonomia. I'll do a seperate poll for gender, to make this a complete picture. Forgive me if I left anyone out in terms of categories or if I phrased something incorrectly. Definitely not looking to offend anyone!

Just realized these "race" categories don't fit for some people living in foreign countries. In that case, just add your "race" (ethnicity or whatever) below if you like.

Hi,

I am also surprised that you are not aware that Canada and Mexico are also in North America. North America is not only USA. You have 7 different categories for US but your north and sourth neighbours are missing. Only 5 categories for the rest of the world. Yours stats are skewed.

Hi Naomi,

Thanks for making the corrections.

There are 31 members in my family who are presently diagnosed. They are all Canadians both males and females. The youngest is 14 years old and the oldest is 82 years old. We have 4 living generations caucatians. We don't know the etiology.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't say I think these results will be terribly accurate in terms of actual demographics of POTS/Dysautonomia. It'll only reflect the demos of the forum users, which is restricted by language, access to medicine, technological fluency/comfort, and access to a computer and internet. On top of that, exactly half of the specified locations are parts of the US, with the rest of the planet being lumped together.

I'm not trying to be offensive . . . I just think it's important that you recognize the flaws of a survey like this and do not give undue weight to the results.