Do Most Get The Shakes???

hilbiligrl

Hey y'all,

havent been doing to well lately and had to stop the mestonin after 2 mths of using it. Been meaning to ask about the shakes for a while now. Im shaking alot, sometimes whole body, head, hands, etc... mostly head and hands. Its happening more and more and its quiet frankly freaking me out bad. If you get them, what can be done? Or, can anything be done?

I have intentions of posting some replies to others, but have been in a bad state for a while.... but today, oh my, the shakes just wont stop, i can hardly function talking, writing...... standing.....

ugh, this disease has wiped me out

thanks y'all

much love

tennille

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so bad. I can certainly relate.

I'd look at your blood glucose levels, caffeine, food intolerances, such as gluten, casein, etc and food chemicals, especially HFCS, and dyes for this symptom.

FWIW ... I'm not sure if it was the caffeine or the low blood sugar / hyperinsulinemia causing me to feel shakey when I exerted myself but I'm not noticing this as much now. KOW .. I gave up caffeine in April 2011. I reacted immediately with shakes when I ate or drank caffeine but never suspected it might be affecting me later during the day.

Theanine might help you with this too. I use Enzymatic Suntheanine when needed. Theanine is found in green tea but my body always reacted to the caffeine and not the theanine so it never helped me.

hope you feel better. d

Hi Tennille,

Sorry you have been particularly unwell.

I shake when my heart rate is running particularly high, when my BP is running particularly low, or when my blood sugar is low. But I definitely have it most often from my heart rate shooting up. Like you, it can be just my hands or it can become my whole body. I usually have to lay down and get my heart rate down and that could mean 1/2 hr in bed or the rest of the day. It just depends on how cooperative my body is going to be that day. Usually when my body starts shaking badly that means I better plan on staying in bed or on the couch that day. Its usually my warning that if I keep going things will get worse quickly. It is almost like my muscles aren't getting something they need (probably oxygen)?

Hope you feel better soon.

I get the shakes but it usually feels like I'm shaking all over not just head or hands. I react more like someone that is extremely cold, my teeth will even chatter. If I get a sudden shock (bad news) or scare it sets me off, uncontrollably. Since I'm limited in meds to Neurontin or Ativan I take an Ativan if I can't get myself calmed down. Sometimes I will drink a cup of peppermint tea but not sure it helps. HTH!

I get the shakes but it usually feels like I'm shaking all over not just head or hands. I react more like someone that is extremely cold, my teeth will even chatter. If I get a sudden shock (bad news) or scare it sets me off, uncontrollably. Since I'm limited in meds to Neurontin or Ativan I take an Ativan if I can't get myself calmed down. Sometimes I will drink a cup of peppermint tea but not sure it helps. HTH!

I get this after tachy episodes, no one knows why, baffles them, do you know what causes it?

Alicia,

I have had the same teeth chattering...all over body tremors a handful of times. It seemed to come on with stress as well or after an exhausting day. Once I just walked over to next door neighbor for a visit and all I did was walk in the kitchen and it hit. I held onto the counter while the shivers turned into tremors. A few weeks back my boss asked me if I would consider relocating and the stress hit and immediately my eye started twitching then my arms and I ended up in the bathroom crying(mostly from embarrassment and lack of control) This disease does stink. I've learned not to fight it, lay down and let it run its course.

Jennifer

I get the shakes/tremors, whatever you want to call it. I find if I take some Klonipin it helps. Mine mostly happen in the middle of the night, or when I get too hot, or when I've had an "episode" where I've ended up on the floor. I think it is probably adrenaline kicking in at inappropriate times, at least for me.

Sorry, it stinks, but I hope you get some answers and learn to deal with these effectively.

Angela