Tilt Table Test

POTSperson

Tilt Table Test  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was diagnosed with POTS at the Mayo Clinic in October 2010 after my first tilt table was positive. My overall experience at the Mayo Clinic was good but I had a terrible reaction to the tilt table test I couldn't get out of bed for days. I am going back to the Mayo Clinic in early September to get a checkup and work out some of the problems with my medications. I am excited to get everything worked out but I am getting another tilt table test and I am really worried about it. I was just wondering what other people went through with there tilt table tests.

Meaghan

I guess my first tilt was worse than my second but I put that they both had bad reactions becaus my first one wasn't really done right. The doctor had me stand for an HOUR! It was absolutely miserable, but I did also have a ton of symptoms on my second tilt I just didn't have to stand as long so they didn't have as much time to get so bad. Both of those were before I started taking meds for POTS. I hope yours isn't too bad! Maybe since you are on medication for the POTS, it won't be as bad?

I have had 3 and they all showed pots but 2 and 3 my cardio asked what was wrong????? Well 2 I had IBS all night long and I thought I was going to be sick on the table. So my bottom number kept getting higher and higher ~ Why didn't the neuro ask me what was wrong? I was unable to be put up the full tilt and for very long I was so sick to my stomach.

# 3 I arrived on time and my cab was due back before they had started my test. I called the cab company and they said, "well we don't think we can even come and pick you back up then." I got off the phone and went to see the secretary of the well known clinic and she took the phone number and I went in for my test. I went up on the tilt only 60 degrees and was so sick. my pots was there alright, but once down only lasted maybe 3 mins. my out of control HR took too long to come back to baseline. The used my tilt as a classroom case. I was furious as they had put into anxiety by running late. They knew I arrived early and they ran late. We discussed it at my next visit and that was when I found out they used my tilt. I asked him to change my record as he had messed up my life now. Whoo Hoo, I made it to the classroom I taught the students something. Lucky me~ He begged me to come back again, but his boss the big doc had no personality at all and would only see me for five mins. I think anyone who is worthy of class room material is worth more than that. Also last time I met this big guy he threw his arm up in the air as he didn't know how to treat my case. NO WAY ~

So remember be an advocate for yourself when you have a ttt. Tell them if you were sick the night before, your holding in farts, have to go to the bathroom. anything that could change the results of your tests. Otherwise they will say your.. Stressed, have anxiety, make up something so please COMMUNICATE ~ Always talk cause they don't know what is going on ~ Half the time they are students in there.... Enough said ~

Bellamia ~

I've only had one tilt table test done and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was lying down for about 40 minutes because the cardiologist was running late. My heart rate just lying there was 134. :blink: Then they tilted me up and it shot up to 180, and my blood pressure went up as well. I never actually fainted, but I felt VERY close to it. I was very dizzy and things were starting to fade out. Eventually standing got a bit easier, and they kept me standing for about 20 minutes and then laid me back down. He said I had POTS. They did have an IV ready, but they didn't have to inject me with anything (I know sometimes they do to speed up your heart) but he said my heart acts like they already did inject me lol. So yeah, I think worrying about it was worse than the test itself. I hope yours goes well! :)

Mine was not too bad besides the Cardio was so incompetent and he made me so angry so my resting rate was 90 and only went up to 116 and he said it was negative! My normal resting is 70-80 and standing is always 110-135 then I went to Cleveland Clinic and they also said by review of my outside TTT was normal, and I haven't had another one but they prescribed meds for POTS. I haven't really considered having another since I had all the other autonomic testing that showed the hypercirculation and pooling and a positive poorman TTT.I left it at that.

I have had 4 ttt and most were the same reaction so I put that, but three were 10 min or less and one was 17 min and I had much higher elevation in heart rate but I was also up longer and expected that. All the ttt confirmed hyper pots.