Passing Out For Long Periods Of Times

Last night I put on the T.V and got up to get a glass of water I made it two steps and passed out. I woke up and it turned out that I had been passed out for over half an hour. I have never been so terrified in my life and my Mom is freaking out too. Any tips to help or any experiencing the same thing?

Welcome to the forum sweetheart. I'm glad you are here. this is a great place. W O N D E R F U L really! I'm told to go to the ER by my doc. I went when I landed on my the top of my head a few years ago and recently after hitting my head so many times night after night. I have no clue to call when these events happen. So I've gone after to make sure no damage is done to my brain. You just want to make sure what is going on, as there are many reason we may pass out. Going right away gives the best information. Hope you are feeling better. Many people are afraid of going to the hospital or doctor, because if you faint and hit the ground you loose your driver's license for so many months. I believe it's different for each State. My fist time was a near black out where I didn't hit the floor, so the doc didn't have to report it. After that I was not driving. Let us know how you make out.

hugs ~

:rolleyes:

Bellamia ~

Definitely see a doctor about it. I'm a fainter too, but I don't think I've ever been out for longer than a minute, maybe not longer than 30 seconds or so. Do you get an aura before you faint? Or is it just like you wake up and realize you've been unconscious? If it's really sudden, I know there are a lot of other things that could be going on besides POTS/dysautonomia. Ask a doctor and make sure they take you seriously. The first one I saw told me that fainting was nothing to worry about and I was fine (despite the fact that I had been feeling generally crappy and I hit my head and got a bloody nose when I passed out that time that sent me to the doctor's office). If a doctor tells you it's nothing, find another doctor. Being unconscious for that long is definitely something to be concerned about.

Good luck, and take care.

I recently asked my cardiologist if I should go in when I pass out and he said theres really no reason to since nobody will "know what to do with me". I havent passed out in several months, but for about 3 months I was passing out nightly. I could be out anywhere from 1 minute to 2 hours. I dont really feel comfortable with not going in, just follow your gut. Maybe get an at home bp and hr monitor so when your out someone can record your stats. Stay strong hun, syncope is one of the most scariest things I have ever experienced and I know its scary for those around us.