How Do You Treat Chronic Dehydration ?

With my Celiac Disease, I have a really, really hard time absorbing hydration orally. So I have been doing IV hydration via a port/cath for over a year now. But it takes up a lot of my "free" time. I spend 3-4 hours a day just trying to get (and stay) hydrated.

Sandy

Coconut water! Its the only thing that has any effect at all when its hot out. Its expensive, but sometimes you can find bunches of it in surplus stores for cheap. ..Great idea on the Goya brand also, i had no idea you could find it that inexpensively!

Sometime it's the only thing that quenches my thirst ~ You just have to be careful not to drink so much in one day or mix it with a lot of ice in a really fancy glass ~ I like the glass effect when home. lol I'm always home.:lol:

BellaMia ~

Sandy shell, I'm a portie now. Mine take 8 hours a day and have to drink regular fluids along with it. Helpppppppp, where's the nearest toilet where ever I am???? I wonder if there's an app for that? Besides the ask a friend one. What will be next??? lol

BellaMia ~

• 1 month later...

Bumping ..

Btw .. I'm using metrelectro water, 1\4 tsp sodium, 1 tsp molasses and 1 solgar essential amino

several times a day now. I just got tired of eating bananas ..

I read an article that said we needed aminos to absorb electrolytes. The article recommended whey, etc. but I feel better with the solgars.

Please feel free to add your solution too ... Tc ... D

Ps. Thanks for the additional replies here. I'm too tired to process this right now but I will later .

Italian frozen ice, popcycles, frozen fruit bars, fruits and some veggies all have fluid in them too. I find the cold stuff especially refreshing when I start to feel warm. Ice cream, soup (I have to restrict my sodium), yogurt, eating cereal with milk or adding milk to oatmeal or cream of wheat (if you can tolerate) offer some liquid.