Just Received Disability

maggie

I glad to hear your news. Sorry you had to go all the way to a hearing stage. I went through a "mourning" tye process feeling so bad that I had to admit I was disable since I have a broken body and a mind that works(well most of the time!) and sad about my career dreams ending. Then I have seen how the extra money has helped my family and feel better.

That's good news. I just got my denial in the mail this week from my 2nd adjudicator, so I'm headed the way of the hearing :( so glad to hear that stage worked for you (after I'm sure a long wait). If you dont mind sharing, what do you think worked in your favor? Pm me if you'd rather... I'm just looking for advice...

I think what worked in my favor was a good lawyer and doctors who supported me in getting this. The doctors corporated with my attorney, the attorney wrote all the letters and the doctors just signed the paper work. Another thing I believe that worked out well was a while back someone posted how they received their disability and wrote the steps they went through. I gave that to my lawyer and he followed it to a tee. We used a smart sync to give data that a judge could actully see, proof of what takes place in my body. I didn't have to wait for my response in the mail like my lawyer stated, the judge granted me it right on the spot. Now it's just waiting to get the paper work done to start receiving benifits. I found my lawyer through one of my doctors who has many disabled patients, the gentleman really did his homework. I will receive five years of back pay from when I received my dx, one lump sum and then my monthly checks. My attorney was surprised that it went so well and so fast, not usual he stated. I wish you luck in getting yours.

Maggie

As I was thinking about my last blog, I forgot to add that I believe what really helped me was my liver enzyme problem, not being able to take any medications for pots is what made my case different from most and gave the judge the motivation to grant me my disability.

Maggie