Catecholamine Levels Question

My last test results for plasma catecholamines showed that my Norepinephrine was 604 pg/ml (range: 80-520) and my Epinephrine was 30 (range: 10-200). Is it normal to have a lowish epinephrine reading when your norepinephrine is a little high? I really don't know, it just seemed a little stange to me. These levels were tested while I was sitting. I have not had the catecholamine tests done while doing a ttt. I was diagnosed with hypovolemic POTS but have been wondering if maybe I have hyper-POTS too?

When taking the catecholamines, did they place the IV in first and then wait to draw the blood? From what I understand, researchers say the venipuncture itself can raise catecholamine levels. The reason why I ask is 600 is a very high supine level. My epinephrine barely raised but I am on hydrocortisone for adrenal issues, so that was expected I suppose. Off the top of my head I cannot fully remember my epinephrine results but they were <10 while sitting, NE 125. My standing NE was 613. Can't remember the epinephrine. I think 22. So yes you can have high NE with lowish epinephrine.

Thanks for your response Dana! They didn't wait to draw the blood. My doctor said my norepinephrine was high because I was nervous about getting my blood drawn, which isn't true. I have had my blood drawn more times than I can remember and it doesn't make me nervous. That would make more sense though that it causes NE to rise when from the puncture itself. I'm glad to know that it's normal to have lower epinephrine when NE is raised. Thanks so much for your reply!!