Dr. Grubb update

violahen

Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to keep you posted on Dr. Grubb. I received a letter from him yesterday. He described his last several months of **** starting with his back problem. He was undergoing physical therapy (neck traction) when the force of the traction actually ruptured the disc that it was supposed to help. Within two hours he waas paralyzed and had emergency surgery. He said that while he was trying to take it easy and heal he was having a tough time bouncing back. He then went to Greece for a conference and then to Texas for another. By that time he was having severe pain that required medical attention. It was then that he had the CT scans done. They found tumors in his kidneys and adrenal glands. he was scheduled for immediate surgery. He said if both had turned out cancerous, it was a death sentence. The tumors in the kidneys were cancer, the adrenal tumors (at least right now) showed no cancer, thank goodness. There is still concern over the adrenal tumors and whether more will show up at a later time.

I did want to post a quote that he wrote to all of us:

"I truly appreciate your thoughts and wishes for my recovery. Indeed the outpouring of support from my patients has been a great source of comfort to me. Hopefully if all goes well I will be able to return to work sometime in February. Until then, I ask that people understand that this has been a very difficult time in my life and that I will resume practice once my physicians give the ok."

That's all for now.

Kristen