Low Igg1 And Igg3

Just got the lab results from tests that my rheumatologist ordered. Everything was normal except low Igg1 Igg3 levels. The nurse said that if I do not get a lot of infections then don't worry about it. I don't, but with trying to find the cause of dysautonomia every piece of information is important to me. I believe I've seen on this forum info about Igg. Does anyone know what low levels mean?

These levels are associated with primary immune deficiency diseases. Mainly lung infections. I don't know where you live but, you probably need further evaluation by an immunologist who specializes in immune deficiencies, a regular allergist won't do. Asking you if you get a lot of infections, isn't very diagnostic. There are adequate diagnostic tests that can be done. You may have infections and feel bad, but not present with a classic fever. Many PID illness are associated with autoimmune disease as well, not all autoimmune illness fall under the category of rheumatalogy, they can also be found in neurology and hematology. Also when your immune system is suppressed you can't always mount a proper defense and so test that might show antibodies to certain autoimmune disease may not show up.

I don't know your history or what your symptoms are so hard to point you in the right direction. What labs did you have done? A quantitative immunoglobulin or a sub ig panel? Ig panels can be run for specific disease as well.

I have CVID along with autoimmune small fiber autonomic neuropathy. My infections were not of the lungs, so I was harder to diagnosis.