Eyelid Twitching

Just wondering if anyone out there has a persistent eyelid twitch. It does seem to get worse with an aura but is there reguardless about 85% if the time.....always....

I know it does get worse as does my pots with stress. And when I notice it gone I have a sense of relief for a bit of a time. I also get muscle twitches in my upper arms and upper legs. Have a handful of times had full body tremors or complete lower body muscle cramps that left me in tears unable to move.

Does anyone else have the eyelid twitch and have any suggestions to make it go away or lessen at all. It is driving me insane!!!

Thanks,

Jennifer

I have had a few instances of eye twitching for a few days at a time. There was nothing I could do to help it, and it went away on its own and comes back on its own. I really think its just part of the tremors that I already have in my hand and sometimes in my legs and head.

I've had that eyelid twitch thing go on for months at a time and then it stops spontaneously. And then, for whatever reason, it starts back up again and goes on for weeks or months and then it stops...... Never have been able to trigger it or make it stop, or figure out what it's associated with. Just one more lovely bizarre symptom that I blame on the autonomic dysfunction.

When it first started happening, it made me crazy too. Now it doesn't seem to bug me as much. Kind of like an old friend coming for a visit.... I'm always glad when it leaves. :P

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

FWIW, I've had this on and off over the years. Due to a Clostridium difficile infection which wasn't going away, after 9 months I finally was able to get a bacterial transplant done. Since that, the twitch has stopped. Not sure what the connection is, but I throw it out here for people to ponder. It was becoming more frequent and was very annoying towards the end.

The twitching and tremors can be annoying and frustrating. Tyler does not have the eye twiching problem, but is not able to exercise due to tremors or twitches from waist down. He tried doing leg marches while sitting in a chair yesterday and almost fell out of the chair. He has not been able to do any physical therapy since all this came back over a year ago. I strongly suspect this has something to do with the high level of antibodies found in his brain. BTW these antibodies are caused by a bacteria or virus.

Rachel

hello! this is my very first post on the forum as a new member! A bit nervous!

I have done alot of reading on an EhlersDanlos site amongst others re twitching and as a result some months ago started taking magnesium supplements (chelated magnesium) . Amazing! No more eye or lip twitching and even more wonderful, no more restless leg syndrome. I've had a red cell magnesium blood test to make sure my levels are still ok. They are.

My upper, left lid has twitched before, the last time being the entire month of May 2013. It didn't twitch all the time, maybe a few dozen times a day. But I've had this symptom pop up every so often LONG before POTS showed up 1.5 years ago. I've chalked it up to stress and fatigue, not so much nervous system dysfunction.