How Much Salt Do You Have A Day?

Jlynn

Just wondering what everyone elses salt intake is? my doctors all keep telling me to increase it, but no one has ever said how much.

When I eat too much,or plain salt I feel short of breathe, but usually on foods it doesnt do that.

everything I eat is processed so it has a lot of salt, and I use between 4-6 salt packets a day that have 11% in. I also drink one gallon of water a day.

is this enough salt?

I have had people tell me that you can overdo salt if its taken in excess

*on labwork that comes back my sodium is always normal, but on the very low end of normal**

I use 1 tsp (5g) iodized sea salt in 2 liters of water and drink at least that amount daily. I also salt my food. I do not eat any processed foods, however. My serum sodium has always been on the high side and that is weird because before I got diagnosed, I never added salt because my husband is hypertensive and I didn't know I needed it!

I drink about 6 grams of sodium in my morning fluids, have a large bowl of soup for lunch and salt all of my other food. I aim for 10gms/day. That is a very high amount and I only take in that much because my POTS doc recommended it.

my cardiologist & EP said 10G for me also...and that I could never get too much salt; I didn't notice a difference though in the year I did 10G a day versus 2g a day now

I drink about 6 grams of sodium in my morning fluids, have a large bowl of soup for lunch and salt all of my other food. I aim for 10gms/day. That is a very high amount and I only take in that much because my POTS doc recommended it.

Have you seen much improvement in your BP or other symptoms taking in that amount of salt? I'm also trying to find the right level.