Disney - Magic Kingdom

bensman

I was on the train at Disney and saw a lovely woman come through the front gate in a wheelchair, wearing a cooling vest. I told my husband that I bet she has some form of dysautonomia! There were several other people I saw that made me wonder, too, but I didn't feel it was appropriate to ask.

Wow Im impressed you went to disneyland. I have been many times but never with my kids. It is something I really want to do but I feel like I need to be able to conquer my small goals first like being ale to take my kids back to school shopping! I told myself if I cant go to disney in the next year, I have a few good friends in the disney area and I'll have my husband take the kids while I get babysat by my friends. Any tips on how you handled your day?

There have been many times during my illness that I wouldn't have been able to go to Disney. But, I have shown some improvement the last few months so we decided to go for it. We got park hopper passes so we could go for a few hours, go to the hotel and rest, then return for a couple of hours in the evening. I limited the rides I went on. We also got fast passes so I wouldn't have to wait in line. I drank a ton of Powerade and went into the air conditioned buildings often. We also timed the trip so it wouldn't be during my bad time of the month.

I did quite well, but am paying for it this week. It was worth it!

I just went and did the same thing with Park Hopper passes and Fastpass. It helps to stay in or really close to the parks and to go in the off season when it isn't so hot or crowded. BTW, lots of people with chronic illnesses use cooling vests. I know people with MS in particular definitely use them, so the person you saw may not have had POTS.