Cooling Vest

Hi since weather is getting warmer in my area, I am wondering if anyone uses cooling vests? I read somewhere in the forum about it, but I'm still not so sure whether if it's going to be useful. This is my situation--I am usually out all day so I won't have access to a freezer. I will have access to normal water and I guess I can always get a venti cup of ice from Starbucks. However, I am not sure if that's sufficient for the ice packs. Any ideas?

My ice vest has helped me many times during the hot summer months where I live.

Ventilation vests might suit your needs better if you do not have access to a freezer.

I found this website www.ventilationvest.com regarding vests that are battery powered, look much nicer than the usual cooling vests, and cool the body using a system of small fans.

The company is based in Germany and they got back to me within a few days of sending an inquiry. They do ship to other countries but you'd have to ask them specifically about the country you live in.

They told me that the vest starts to come to its limit when the temperature reaches around 35degrees celsius. Where I live it gets to over 40degrees, so I wasn't sure how helpful it would be for me.

If you decide to purchase one of these, please let me know how you find it as I am still thinking about it, but not 100% sure I'd like to get one as I already have a cooling vest.

It is already 100 degrees where I live and I noticed last week my symptoms suddenly worsened doing the same actitives because of the heat. My house is the kid magnet house and at night around 9pm my front yard is full of kids. I usually enjoy the activity, and being able to be involved as much as possible (even if it means getting hit with a stray water balloon). Last week when it hit 100, and it is usually still near 100 a 9pm I was bending down to play skittle bingo and my body had enough. I have a cooling vest but I found I need more coverage. I bought big cold packs that can strap on in different sizes at the medical supply store. They are in an insulated pouch and stay cold for 4-6 hours. I look silly but I do my neck, ankles and wrists and it helps enough that I can stay outisde for a few hours and be somewhat active. I keep the packs on for about 30 minutes at a time, break for 30-45 minutes and then back on for 30 minutes. I'm usually pretty frugal but I spent 25 per ice pack and I own 5 and I have found them very helpful.

It is already 100 degrees where I live and I noticed last week my symptoms suddenly worsened doing the same actitives because of the heat. My house is the kid magnet house and at night around 9pm my front yard is full of kids. I usually enjoy the activity, and being able to be involved as much as possible (even if it means getting hit with a stray water balloon). Last week when it hit 100, and it is usually still near 100 a 9pm I was bending down to play skittle bingo and my body had enough. I have a cooling vest but I found I need more coverage. I bought big cold packs that can strap on in different sizes at the medical supply store. They are in an insulated pouch and stay cold for 4-6 hours. I look silly but I do my neck, ankles and wrists and it helps enough that I can stay outisde for a few hours and be somewhat active. I keep the packs on for about 30 minutes at a time, break for 30-45 minutes and then back on for 30 minutes. I'm usually pretty frugal but I spent 25 per ice pack and I own 5 and I have found them very helpful.

Thanks for the tip! I haven't invest in a cooling vest but I did use ice packs today. It's getting too warm for me(I think the car said it's 99F). I'm still looking into cooling vest though. I know I can't put all these ice packs on me when I'm outside in the public...