Fasting Cortisol???

lieze

I'm sure the lab is closed by now does anybody know how many hours is considered a legitimate fast?

My issue is due to that extreme weak feeling I get I usually get up in the middle of the night and eat.

So yeah I have the lab work ordered boo now I have to fast.

This is the list of labs my doctor ordered;

Free T 4

Free T 3

TPO antibodies

TSHRc antibodies

Potassium

Cortisol fasting

She said my lab work is pretty amazingly good for where my weight is but I think she finally believes that something is off-that I am eating all day long and still not gaining.

She is willing to order a benzo that can be compounded if I want it but wants to see lab results first. In case it is stress and I am just too wound up.

She is requiring that I follow up with an endocrinologist.

I know you all have had mixed results with that-that lab tests can come out really wacky and be all over the place.

I am hoping the endo can sort that out or rule out a problem.

Fingers crossed, still scared out of my wits,,,but that goes along with what's brewing in my system. It brings on that anxiety feeling and I can feel on the verge of an episode for hours.

I think my focus will be getting that lab work done in am if possible...if I can manage the fast...and then just relax as much as possible and eat.

I'm not sure on the fasting, but if you HAVE to eat, then maybe they should have done a fasting blood sugar, too. I'm guessing fasting would mean maybe 6-8 hours of not eating. Remember when someone is NPO after midnight, and they have a first morning procedure, that means the minimum they have not eaten is 6-7 hours. So, I think if you eat around midnight, you'll be fine for first thing in the morning.

Hi,

When I had my fasting glucose and cortisol levels done I was told not to eat after midnight (makes me sound like a gremlin lol). With having my evening meal at the latest of 7pm, it meant I hadn't eaten for 14 hours. I think they like it to be at least 8 hours without eating, I was allowed clear fluids at this time.

Hope this helps

Rach

I did it!

It just so happened by the time I got my lamb chops dropped off to me and baked it was around 9 pm or so when I started eating that.

The lamb really helped hold me over although I did wake up a couple times and was so thirsty.

I just made up my mind I was gonna do this and get it over with rather than go another day with the stress of knowing I needed to do the fast.

So I just had the labwork done.

I think I feeling just a bit better.

Getting out of my bad home environment and having less stress I think is helping-now I just have to keep on eating.