How Much Is This Going To Cost Me?

I just went to a good pharmacy with several good brands. They measured me for the hose. Then we bought them. I don't think you need a prescription. They are online too, lots of good brands. Was a waste for me, I get very ill with the full length hose. Horribly POTSY. I can wear the knee highs fine though.

They were running at about $300 a pair two years ago. I was told to buy at minimum 2 pair. (One to wear and one in the wash) My insurance doesn't cover them either, so I couldn't afford them. :-(

I've found that buying the shapewear type hose works for me if I know I'll need to be on my feet, as do knee high "diabetic" socks.

Sara

Hi.

I ordered some stocking online and paid about $30 dollars. I got one of the more popular brands but i only got knee high length. They are VERY tight and I like them and sometimes I think I can tell I feel better standing but some days I might as well not have them on as I can't tell a difference. Good luck!

I got some through Mediven, knee highs, that were $100 and that was at Mayo so they are cheaper on line.

@Shoegal.....Compression garments help by stabilizing blood pressure and therefore the heart rate. They prevent blood from pooling in the lower extremities. They do a lot but that's my simplest and best way to describe what they do.

Yeah, I think since smoe people veins/vessels don't contrict well, the compression acts as that artificial constiction like she said, prevents the pooling of blood in the legs there for aiming back upwards hopefully causing less symptoms. But i'm new to all this, this is just what i think.

My cardio gave me the prescription for 30 mm. im not sure why it needs one but she said they wouldnt give them to me without it. They also do prothetics.

Ugh I dont want to spend three hundred on a pair. I could see a hundred though. I called and they were very vague with prices saying it depends on the length and size, which probably means it wont be cheap. I have some decent store brand ones, but wanted to find some really good ones before the heat hits here really bad. Also going to be doing a lot of traveling so I need a good pair. Oh knee highs dont do much for me. My legs are very skinny too :(

Try www.brightlifedirect.com. Their prices aren't bad and they have their own brand Allegra (not sure of spelling) not bad in price and pretty comparable to the name brands. I wear the thigh-high hose 15-20mmhg. Of course my insurance doesn't cover them. The higher the mmhg, the higher the price, but still not bad in price. Hope this helps.:)

My knee highs are Jobst brand.... less that $50. I can only wear knee highs as I said above. Good brand, price and the lady at the pharmacy measred me. They sell a lot of them, med. supplies too.

I had ordered full length for about $75 online. They made me so ill. Everyone is different. My bp is not low so that is one reason, but not all people can tolerate full to the waist.

The generic brand from brightlifedirect.com is around $30 and works just as well as Jobst/Juzo. The brand name ones are a lot more comfortable, though. Maybe start with the cheap one. Ask your dr what level of compression you need. The literature seems to recommend waist high. I can't tolerate waist high due to stomach issues., so I use thigh high Others here have had a different experience, but knee high didn't do much for me.