A Little Help Please

Well I just came back from my electrocardiologist app today and I just got my blood work back. I was told that I have hypothyroidism. I always get my blood checked every month and this month this stuff shows up!!! I have been diganosed with pots and and now this. I haven't been to a rheumy yet because there backed up so I haven't been checked for any other types of autoimmune diseases. Now my question is does anyone know of an autoimmune disease that would cause a person to develop pots and the hypo? Sorry it took so long to get to the question. Thanks! Oh yea I forgot i've been put on bystolic anyone on this? Does it help? Any side effects?

I don't have any answers for you, but am wishing you well. You have all the support in the world right here in the Forum. Learn as much as you can about your condition, and get plenty of rest.

Take care,

Jana

I have both POTS and Hashimoto's. While I believe I may have had POTS prior to developing Hashimoto's (looking back) my POTS symptoms definitely worsened when I developed Hashimoto's. It took a long time for my thyroid to stablize and every time it went off, I would often feel more poorly POTS-wise. As with many other conditions and illnesses, POTS tends to flare up when the other condition/illness does. It can also improve with treatment of the aggravating condition. Hopefully you will find you feel far better once your thyroid is treated. I take synthroid and have done well with it. I feel best with a TSH around 2 or a little lower. I think these days the goal is to keep TSH around 2 for all patients. Fortunately for most people thyroid disease is pretty easy to treat effectively.