Bartter's Or Gitelman's Syndrome And Pots

Hi

I am wondering if anyone here has been diagnosed with Bartter's or Gitelman's Syndrome in addition to POTS. I was diagnosed with POTS about 9 years ago. My 23 year old daughter has many "POTS-like" symptoms. She was recently diagnosed with Bartter's Syndrome. I realize it is a difficult condition to treat, but she is not doing well at all and I'm wondering if she could also have POTS.

Thanks

Bren

Wow- 23 is late to be DXed! Which type does she have? Were there earlier clues, in retrospect? Re. POTS, what's her pulse after lying lying down for 10 mins? Then standing for 10 mins? That'll give you a clue.

Has she had the genetic testing to figure out which type she has - it seems that they can very specific on the type? How many POTS symptoms does she have? My son had excess urination from POTS but no electrolyte imbalances as far as we can tell. Like Mack's Mom said, the poor mans Tilt table test is a really good indication that it could be POTS. From everything that I have read here it seems that POTS could accompany any other ailment or be a stand-alone disorder like with my son.

• 2 months later...

Do you have any more updates on this? I was dianosed with NCS in 1998 and in 2010 Gitelman's Syndrome. The gene testing is not available in the US for Gitelman's but I was told this is what I have as they ruled everything else out. I am currently taking Spironolactone and potassium pills for it. I am wonder how these two conditions maybe related.

Thanks for any help.

(I also have Orthostatic Intolerance, IBS, Fibromyalgia, migraines, Lymphedemia and Lipedema) I wish I could find one reason for them all.