Singulair - Has It Helped Any Of You?

My allergies are over the top lately - really acting up so they have me on Zyrtec, Benadryl when needed at night, and Nasonex. Now they say I really need to add Singulair so I pick up the RX this evening.

I've read about it online and it does seem to help some people with severe allergies, and you know how if your allergies are bad, POTS is acting up even more. Lately I've had to drag myself out of bed in the morning, literally dragging myself into work, and am forgetting more than usual (no good at a job!). I think if I can get my allergies back under control it may help. I'm not sleeping well with the coughing and such.

They don't think I have asthma, they think my allergies are so bad and irritating it's causing asthma-like cough. :(

So Singulair - who's tried it and what did it do?

I've been on Singulair for over 10 years now. It has been great for my allergies. After I had sinus surgery, I tried going off Singulair, but I still has some nasal congestion so I went back on it. If though Singulair is expensive, even with prescription insurance, I wouldn't dare stop the medication!

I read that there is not a lot of evidence to suggest that singulair works.

Here is my experience: I had lots of sinus congestion when I was an adolescence, but no diagnosed allergies. The allergist put me on singulair anyway. The sinuses got better. Years later I got kicked off my parents insurance and I thought "oh no! I cannot afford Singulair anymore!"

But when I stopped taking it, nothing happened. My sinus troubles didn't come back! I no longer credit the singulair for helping.

LOVE IT- no side effects. It really helps with any chest pain- when breathing in & with asthma-type coughing. (I don't have traditional asthma either.)

Yeah! I just started it today and no immediate reactions so hopefully it'll be a helpful one for me. I was told it can take a couple of weeks to notice a real difference.

I'm glad they don't think I have asthma, just similar to what you have. It'll be GREAT if this helps. :D