Not Pots? (On The Right Forum This Time, Not In Chit-Chat)

Let me start off by saying that I have POTS. My three most debilating symptoms are: insomnia, fainting, and shortness of breath.

I was just wondering why there seem to be so many POTSies in relation to other forms of Dysautonomia. Just in what I have read it seems like ALMOST everyone has POTS. Even those with other dx as well, have POTS. Am I just not looking hard enough, or are there a lot of POTSies?

I have POTS and have been struggling with it just over 3 years. I'm not sure the cause of my POTS but I think being diagnosed with POTS is a lot of times an indicator there's a type of dysautonomia causing POTS to happen. I'm pretty comfortable at where I'm at right now. If my symptoms get worse I would decide to pursue a more detailed work up. For right now though I'm thankful to be able to drive, walk, stand, shower ... you get the idea. My most debilitating symptoms are for sure the fainting but I also have a lot of fatigue, brain fog and nausea. I miss working but I can't get anyone to take back a fainter, not to mention the hand tremors and memory problems. Who wants the nurse with the hand tremors. Hope you get some good advice!!

Brye

Hi Brye!

Yes, I have finally stopped passing out as frequently as I used too. I am at the point now where I can shower and be out in public by myself :D!!!!

It just struck me as odd that there are so many of us POTSies when there are so many different types of Dysautonomia. However, what you said about the POTS being a sort of sign that there is something going on with the autonomic system does make sense.