Laparoscopy

Has anyone had a laparoscopic surgery done while they have POTS? I am supposed to get a second laparoscopy done for my endometriosis and I am a little concerned. The first one I had done (to diagnose the endometriosis) was before my POTS symptoms were really bad. I had no PVC, SVT, flushing, and only had mild tachycardia. I'm worried because I know that they have to blow your belly up with CO2 and this can cause blood pressure fluctuations as well as arrhythmias. (I get PVC's just from eating a large meal!)

Has anyone here had any experience with this?? I am really scared to have it done :unsure:

Personally I don't do well with surgeries of any type with my POTS stuff. The neuro I saw at Mayo thinks surgery was the triggering event that caused it to show up in the first place, although he thinks the EDS and family history were contributing factors.

That said, a lot of people on here seem to do ok with surgeries, even after having full blown POTS , so hard to say.

Endometriosis is pretty awful too though and if you're having a lot of pain, I'm thinking that can't be helping your POTS either.

Thanks for your reply :). It's so hard to know what to do sometimes. I know that I need a surgery, but I just dont know that laparoscopy is the way to go because of all the additional risk factors involved with the surgery. My doctor is of course promoting a laparoscopy because he is viewing it from the standpoint of trying to make the endometriosis better (and if they cut you open you it can actually make it worse in the long run because of the additional adhesions), but I am not convinced. I've seen too many laparoscopy complications and I dont want to end up a statistic. :(

My daughters pots has been severe for a few years. She also has GP and CIPO, so she has had a few laparoscopic surgeries for various tubes. We have followed the suggestions( forget where I think it was here on dinet) to just let the know of the pots and to really monitor bp and heart rate, and to increase fluids before during and after. She has always done ok, except double the recovery. Which we always expect.!!

Good luck

I had laprosopic with POTS for a ruptured ovarian cyst. It was VERY hard I won't lie but I did heal. I didn't have a choice bc the cyst ruptured & was bleeding through my stomach. I ended up needing blood transfusion & it took longer than normal to recover BUT I did survive

If you do have it done, make sure you are VERY closely monitored with vitals and take things slowly.

I had a laproscopy for endometriosis in the middle of feeling miserable and just before my diagnosis. As a matter of fact, my GYN thought my abdominal pain & diarrhea would significantly improve due to the surgery. Well, I did fine after surgery but (according to my husband) I was only in the OR for 15 minutes. I'm sure it was a little longer than that but it apparently wasn't very long. Anyway, just make sure you trust your MD and that he/she makes the nurses aware that you need extra fluids & closer monitoring due to your condition that can make vital signs go haywire. After my symptoms didn't improve, and 4 months later when I developed orthostatic changes, my GYN sent me to my current cardiologist that treats my Dys. Good luck to you and I'll definitely say a prayer for you! :D

I am having a laparoscopy in the end of june. I have never had one before, or any surgery for that matter. So i have no ide how my body will react. My gyn dont think i have endo, but i susbect it my self. Lots of lower stomac pain, and heavy heavy periods (well last year changed a lilte).

I have never meet the doc or been at the place they are going to preform the lap at. I have sort of desided to take it as it comes. But at the question on high bloodpressure, well what to say. Now I have low bloodpressure, normal, and high during one day.. So how to explain that ..?

What should i be most awar of after the prsidure..? My body acts weird, but what weird should i be on the look out for.?