pelvic muscle atrophy

Guest tearose

Tearose, Thanks so much for sharing the results of your dr's visit. I'm glad it went well for you. One of my daughters has been home the last few days so I didn't have a chance to see all the new posts until today. I also have some degree of vaginal and uterine prolapse that I began to develop after being bedridden for 10 weeks at the end of my last pregnancy with a 10 pound baby who was delivered vaginally 10 years ago. My legs swelled up terribly after delivery and I attributed it to the extra IV fluids I had during the long labor. I wonder now if it is related, but I certainly didn't have all this dizziness and headaches that I have now. I even went back to work when he was a few years old. I believe I also have the hyperadrenergic type of POTS which might also explain my muscle weakness. I also find that I feel somewhat better after Yoga but that effect is transient. I also am usually constipated and running to the bathroom to urinate frequently. I didn't realize it may be related to the high norepinephrine levels. It seems there is so much we just don't know.

Ginger, Hope your visit at Mayo goes well too.

Take care, Martha

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tearose

Thank you for your continuing interest and support.

Martha, wouldn't that be more than a coincidence that even among us here we see a correlation between hyperadrenergic dysautonomia and higher incidence of pelvic collapse?

I tried to tidy up round home today and since I don't want to miss any phone calls, I baked some home made bread, made an easy chili, and then spent many hours this evening surfing for info on weights to strengthen the pelvic muscles. I called my favorite pharmacy where they help me get all my special compression garments and when I'm done doing my research I'll tell you all about the weights.

I'm going to call it a night, I think I've used some of tomorrow's energy points! :P

...uh oh, don't want to go down that path!

bye for now, tearose