Poll On Adrenal Function

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was trying to make sense of what the poll numbers mean, but there is a problem. It says 29 people cast their votes, but when you add up the numbers in each category, there are only 23 votes. I don't understand how that happened.

Anyway, I was thinking the number of low to low-normal was significant, and surprised of the number of highs. I am posting a link to a forum thread where members are talking about orthostatic tachycardia and one member's doctor explained the cortisol connection. It is just food for thought.:

http://cushings.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=48778

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know when I began this poll, I voted that I had a low-normal cortisol and a normal ACTH. Well, almost a year later, and my latest labs show I have both high-normal cortisol and ACTH. But, I have a low-normal 24-hour urine cortisol. I have no clue what that means. I don't know what any of this means until I have my repeat appt. in a few weeks. Just wanted to update my info on this thread.

• 2 years later...

Rissy2D

I've had the insulin tolerance test. I have no pituitary function due to Sheehan's. I feel that anyone that is having trouble getting a diagnosis with adrenal symptoms should get this test done. It took me years and years to finally get diagnosed. It's really hard to find an Endo that understands or wants to take the time to work on pituitary issues. The idea of this test is that it puts the body under stress and all hormones should increase. I've had episodes of low blood sugar for so long that the test didn't bother me at all. They give you insulin to induce hypoglycemia but they watch you closely during the test.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sue,

I'm wondering if you might have some insight for me. And I think in a round about way it might have something to do with this topic.

I just started taking a 500mg salt tab in the morning. I take a fludrocortisone every other morning (because my migraine can't handle every morning). Since I started taking the salt tab, I have had to urinate more frequently and a lot. My cardiologist was a bit perplexed by this when I mentioned it this morning. I haven't been drinking more. In theory, the salt was supposed to improve the mechanism of the fludrocortisone and help me retain fluid. Any thoughts on where to start my research on this? (It's a bit annoying, truth be told!)