Tremor Storm

I went to see the chiropractor today and as I was getting my massage therapy, my arms began to jerk/tremor. The therapist went to talk to the doctor and came back and said he said it was a tremor storm and to put ice on my neck/brain stem. They later put another pillow sized ice pack across both arms, but my head began jerking. I said it was nothing new and that I probably just needed to go home and rest. They also suggested that I make my appointments during none busy times to cut down on the amount of stimulants (people and noise). I just found it interesting that they said ice would calm down the tremors. I do have to say now that I'm home in a reclined, quiet environment the tremors are slowing down at a faster rate than ever before. Is it the ice or just coincidence?

Chrissy,

This happened to me after my TTT. As soon as I started shaking they dumped ice all over me. The bed is slightly concave so they were able to really pack it around me, especially the back of my neck. They suggested ice packs at the back of my neck if I got tremors later...which I did and it helped.

I have started to get more tremors recently which I find embarrassing. When I get a tremor storm, I feel like I am very hot, as if I had a fever. Yet anyone with me says I don't feel hot at all. Do you find this too?

I can't say I have ever tried applying ice, and it isn't very appealing (!), though I guess if it works I should give it a go.

I was wondering if mine were triggered by sudden low blood pressure. Perhaps the ice is acting as a vasoconstrictor? I tried taking midodrine when it happened this week, but I think it was just too slow to be effective.

Thanks for your post.

This is the longest I've had tremors in a row. They aren't violent like before more of a annoyance, but they get really bad when I'm relaxing trying to go to sleep. The ice works, but as soon as I remove it I get a bad case of the tremors for 15 minutes straight, so I can risk hyperthermia and keep it on or just not use the ice and deal with it. Right now even when I'm not moving on the outside I feel electricity on the inside and hot to the touch, then when I close my eyes I get dizzy because either my eyes are moving or my brain is pulsing. Not sure. My doctor said that everyone has certain barriers that their body allows for pain, stimulation, allergens, etc. I have a very high pain tolerance, but a very low stimulation tolerance. It doesn't take much to set of a tremor for me. I used to be scared of chiropractors too, but when all the doctors began giving up on me I had to try something else. It's not like in the movies where they pull and crack things in every direction. And when he relieves some pressure off my nerves, then he will start cleansing the toxins out of my system from too many scans with contrast and environmental toxins. Then supplement vitamins and minerals and adrenal supplement. It may take time to work or may not work at all, but it is worth a try.